DVD wont burn, CD Video will ... NERO 6.0

I have looked through this forum for 4 hours and I have not found an answer to my problem.

I am running NERO 6.0

I never had a problem, but out of nowhere, I cannot burn a DVD. It will run when I start it, but then it just makes a “click click click” noise …
And it takes 2 hours to say it completed, and everything I try to burn is cut in little tiny pieces.

Does anyone have an answer to this? I’m bout ready to just give up. I have wasted 10 DVDs now - and it isn’t juist one thing, it is EVERYTHING.

As for the CD video/AVI, that works just fine.

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find an answer to the DVD problem…

:frowning:

DVD drives use two different lasers, one for cds, one for dvds. The laser used for your dvds may be defective or quickly getting that way.

Which burner do you have now? Have you checked to see if DMA is enabled— might be if your cd burning is doing ok. But won’t hurt to check.
Look at this thread to check dma. Long burn times are usually due to dma not being on for the drive.

“everything I try to burn is cut in little tiny pieces” This is the part I don’t really understand. Are you saying playback does work with the movie, but its really poor quality or what?

What disks are you using by the way? Use Nero CD/DVD Speed and look at the Disk Info tab. This will tell us the MID, or manufacturer identification code. Poor media is often times part of the problem, but may not be the main one here.

I have a relatively new Laptop, and I have only recently started using the DVD burner. I have used the CD burner a few times to burn audio CDs, but I’ve just started burning video CDs/DVDs.

Which burner do you have now? Have you checked to see if DMA is enabled— might be if your cd burning is doing ok. But won’t hurt to check.
Look at this thread to check dma. Long burn times are usually due to dma not being on for the drive.

DMA is enabled.

“everything I try to burn is cut in little tiny pieces” This is the part I don’t really understand. Are you saying playback does work with the movie, but its really poor quality or what?

It isn’t poor quality at all. It is chopped up - as in it freezes, starts, freezes starts, etc. - about every 2 seconds. It doesn’t only do this on my home DVD player, but on my computer as well. It is not viewable. The sound is as chopped up as the video.

What disks are you using by the way? Use Nero CD/DVD Speed and look at the Disk Info tab. This will tell us the MID, or manufacturer identification code. Poor media is often times part of the problem, but may not be the main one here.

I have used many different kinds of DVDs.

This is a problem that started recently. It was not a problem a couple months ago. A couple months ago it was fine.

I’m pretty sure it is a problem with the computer and not with Nero.

I am trying a demo version of Nero 7 right now, and I am having the same problem I have with Nero 6.
So it must be computer-related, but I’m not sure how … :sad: