DVD with good DAE for on the fly burning?

Hi, Im looking for a DVD ROM that is good at DAE for ripping on the fly. I have a Liteon 52/32/52 cd r/w which is great however my LG DVD ROM is holding it back for burning on the fly as it cant extract the audio quick enough (12 X), which results in the cd/rw slowing right down after about 12 %. What would you recommend?:smiley:

Hello again recall.
Any LiteOn drive will rip like the wind for you. Minimum of 40x and some do 48x.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Hello again recall.
Any LiteOn drive will rip like the wind for you. Minimum of 40x and some do 48x.

Hi again!! Cool, you know I thought I knew alot about ripping until I found out the importance of DAE from the SOURCE drive for on the fly copying.:o So basically any liteon DVD rom (not recorder) have good DAE then? BTW after your help the other day I have managed to do a successful on the fly burn @ 12X with my LG drive as the source.:bow:

EDIT> I have seen this drive but the Liteon site is still being updated so cant find any info on the DAE? What you think?
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=29901

You can check for reviews of the drives, most will include DAE tests. My HD166S drive does DAE at 48x on a 74min CDR. (36.5 average)

Thanks m8, can you tell me what is the difference between the HD series drives and the LTD sereis drives? I have found two sites but one does the HD series and the other the LTD? Which one is the best? They both seem to get good reviews…:confused:

They’re the same, the LiteOn drives are now JLMS-LiteOn, so the letters changed. I think the 166S is the most popular of the bunch.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
They’re the same, the LiteOn drives are now JLMS-LiteOn, so the letters changed. I think the 166S is the most popular of the bunch.

Coolio thanks alot m8, you have been really helpful. I feel so much wiser now:bigsmile: