"DVD-Video files reallocation failed"

someone said just burn it anyway , on recode it wont let me do this. Only option is to burn same project again , which wont work or start new project.As for not ripping correctly i tried any dvd, then dvd decrypter , seems some of my dvds are fine but randomly ones wont work , i was using nero 6 so upgraded to newest, still got problem. Im assuming its a large problem if a lot of people are struggling , i just downloaded fixvts , gonna give that a blast

I, too, was experiencing the same problem of “DVD-video files reallocation failed.” In my case I was using AnyDVD 6.1.0.1, DVDShrink 3.2.0.15, and Nero Express 6.6.0.18.

Like a few on this and other threads had suggested, I went ahead and burned the DVD, even though the warning said it might not play properly. Well, in fact the DVD would not play correctly . . . it kept looping back to the beginning during the opening credits.

So, I took the [B]cynthia_old’s[/B] advice and tried FixVTS. Only took about 5-10 minutes to run the files through the FixVTS software. I then burned the DVD with no problems at all . . . and now it plays correctly.

Thank you [B]cynthia_old[/B]. You’ve helped me in the past and now you’ve helped me on this problem.

Same story here…found this thread on a google search after using Winavi Video Converter to change files from .avi to dvd and trying to burn w/Nero 7…rcvd the “dvd-vid file reallocate fail” msg…using cynthia_olds advice, used FixVTS, selected the whole dvd and it burned fine…thanks alot cynthia_old, great advice!!

If you are having this problem when using DVD shrink…
Open DVD Shrink… go to EDIT at the top, then click on preferences… while in preferences, find the block in there that says something like “seperate video in 1GB size Chunks” make sure that this box is checked… if not, check it and try burning again. This should solve your problem. It worked for me.

I just use Nero Recode 2 with Anydvd. I have no issues

i have try almost all of these…and they still don;t work… :sad:

I got these dvd’s that i’m trying to copy but they have css copy protection. I want to save them to my hard drive and be able to print a copy of them anytime i want. i tried using dvd decrypter and it made the dvd around 8gb sometimes, and so i tried to shrink it using dvd shrink, which worked and i got it down to 4.35gb but when i used nero to burn it , it said "reallocation error’ . so i tried dvd cloner IV and clone dvd but neither of them worked, i was able to save the dvd to my harddrive with it being 4.35gb but then it would not burn . i get the same 'reallocation ’ error from nero. I also tried going down to nero 6 but that didnt work either. and i tried the things that other people posted .

Right now I just decided to save the files from dvd decrypter, it saves them all to my harddrive although most files are greater than 4gb around 6-8gb but then i still cant burn it off b/c of the reallocation error, but if i just play it from my hd it works fine. please help

so what i would be willing to pay for is if someone knows how to do this and can provide either ‘chat’ support or ‘phone’ support for me and the program or name of program etc…
yahoo messenger: usmleboardvideo

I got these dvd’s that i’m trying to copy but they have css copy protection. I want to save them to my hard drive and be able to print a copy of them anytime i want. i tried using dvd decrypter and it made the dvd around 8gb sometimes, and so i tried to shrink it using dvd shrink, which worked and i got it down to 4.35gb but when i used nero to burn it , it said "reallocation error’ . so i tried dvd cloner IV and clone dvd but neither of them worked, i was able to save the dvd to my harddrive with it being 4.35gb but then it would not burn . i get the same 'reallocation ’ error from nero. I also tried going down to nero 6 but that didnt work either. and i tried the things that other people posted .

Right now I just decided to save the files from dvd decrypter, it saves them all to my harddrive although most files are greater than 4gb around 6-8gb but then i still cant burn it off b/c of the reallocation error, but if i just play it from my hd it works fine. please help

so what i would be willing to pay for is if someone knows how to do this and can provide either ‘chat’ support or ‘phone’ support for me and the program or name of program etc…
yahoo messenger: usmleboardvideo

I had the same problem with Nero “DVD Files reallocation failed” The fixVTS thing worked great. Thanks Cynthia!
REALITY2:17

I’m having the same problems no matter if I use DVDfab or Nero. I can’t burn them to a blank dvd, but i can burn them to a rewritable dvd. I’m lost.

[quote=tomo805;1916952]I’m having the same problems no matter if I use DVDfab or Nero. I can’t burn them to a blank dvd, but i can burn them to a rewritable dvd. I’m lost.[/quote]Your burner supports the DVD format you try to burn to? (+ or - discs)

Perhaps your burner needs a firmware updateto cope with the blank dvd’s.

Like I said earlier, I can burn with no problem to a rewritable DVD, but am having problems writing to a regular blank DVD. I’m beginning to wonder if I have a bad batch of blank DVD’s. Every once in a while one will work, yet the rewritables always work.

Here is my solution - files gained by DVD-Decryptor burn with Nero’s Image recorder (as a DVD-video, of course) and the image burn on your dvd. WORKING!! :bigsmile:

I don’t have IFOEdit but I do have VobBlanker. I ran VobBlanker and was able to use Shrink to successfully write my DVD. Thanks !

This is an old thread but I can’t find a newer one.

Out of the blue I started getting this problem.

Tried all the solutions offered.

The only one that worked was using an earlier version of DVDShrink - only a tad earlier - v3.1 - but it did the trick.

ab :slight_smile:

Hi,

First time user of this site here.

I just wanted to say that I was having the “files reallocation failed” problem using “AnyDVD” and “DVDShrink” v 3.2.

Like the previous poster moving back to DVDShrink v3.1 worked for me as well.

Great site guys, Knowledge is indeed Power. Many Thanks!!!

That illustrates a structural problem with the rip/encode Preston. Either a file is missing or something is NQR.

Regards

This can happen when there are 0 byte VOB files in the menu domain.
I just came across this with “The Bucket List”. PgcEdit or FixVTS can correct this.
When using DVDFab, this does not happen.

[QUOTE=tom2much;778549]I too get the same error in Nero "dvd files reallocation failed…"
after reading some posts, I tried the following (and it worked):

• I deleted or otherwise removed ALL files from VIDEO_TS folder
    except the actual movie files (*.VOB)

• I downloaded, unzipped and ran IFOEDIT, then clicked on
    "Create IFO" button, and pointed to the first VTS_01_1.VOB file.

• after a few minutes IFOEDIT examined the whole folder and created
    4 new files (two IFOs and two BUPs)

After this Nero burned this DVD without an error.

hope this helps someone[/QUOTE]

This also worked for me, Thanx. IfoEdit is one small aplication but it does a lot of good things.

OK? So can someone answer this for me?
I log in underone user name on my PC and I get this error when using ShrinkDVD with Nero.
Then, I use a different user login on the same PC and it works fine. :confused:

I can’t think of ANY reason this would be happening.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.