DVD verification always throws errors for DL

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-H42L DVD+/-RW/18x8x16DL10x12xRAM. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a feeling that there’s a post out there somewhere related to this but I haven’t been able to find it. If that’s the case it would be great if someone could point me to it…

I primarily burn DVDs from .iso files. Single-layer disks have always worked just fine, but when I burn a DL disk the verification always fails. However they seems to play just fine in my new Pioneer DV-410V 1080p upconvert player, but it does not play in my Yamaha DV-S5750 DVD Player (but other single layer DVDs work just fine).

I’m was using Nero 7 running on Vista Ultimate when I had this issue. I’ve since switched to Roxio 2009, upgraded the firmware of my burner, and slowed the burning down to its slowest speed and nothing has worked. What else should I be trying? Which mode (1 or 2xa)? Disk-at-Once or Track-At-Once? Do I need to use different software? Is my burner just junk?

If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!! - Scott

Are you using verbatim’s dl the consensus is they are the best and the only ones worth the money.

Yes, stick with Verbatim DL +R media. You should also try ImgBurn for dual layer ISO burns. It is free to download and use. www.imgburn.com

Hi sathersm and welcome:

I second the recommendation that the only DL media worth using is Verbatim. For SL, use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Regarding speed, please look at Albert’s post as it cautions against overly slowing your speed. If you’re using 16X media, try burning at 8X or 12X.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/slow-write-speeds-modern-drives-modern-media-no-good-247643/

Regarding Nero’s verification, there is a wonderful quote from debro I’ve referenced before and I will do so again.

Nero’s verification is about as reliable as passing money to a crack addict on their first day of rehab.

I can’t comment on Roxio as I do not use it.

If you’re using +R media and your hardware supports it, try booktyping to ROM as that may increase the probability of playing it on your Yamaha.

I used ImgBurn and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the tips!!