DVD Upgrade Firmware upgrade + Burner Problem

vbimport

Hi I have an HP PC Pavilion m1160n and ive been having a problem with my dual layer burner. the burner is a stock brand i dont know what it is. its says HL-DT-ST DVDRW GWA 4083b. i’ve tried updating the firmware put the software on a cd-r then tried installing it. it works but then says Drive C:/ not ready or something. its an older burner so i don’t know if i can get an update
but the reason why im asking is that im trying to use fujifilm DL’s and it says i need to update the firmware. any help would be appreciated!

[QUOTE=bleh***;2116449]Hi I have an HP PC Pavilion m1160n and ive been having a problem with my dual layer burner. the burner is a stock brand i dont know what it is. its says HL-DT-ST DVDRW GWA 4083b.[/QUOTE]HL-DT-ST is how all of LG’s drives are named in Windows. [It stands for Hitachi-LG Data Storage].

i’ve tried updating the firmware put the software on a cd-r then tried installing it. it works but then says Drive C:/ not ready or something.
You don’t have to put the firmware on a CD to update it. You should just have to double-click it wherever you downloaded it in the first place.
but the reason why im asking is that im trying to use fujifilm DL’s and it says i need to update the firmware. any help would be appreciated!

You will be best off returning the FujiFilm and trying to find Verbatim 2.4x DL media. If you cannot find this, you will probably not get any burns that will be usable on DL with that older burner. I’d suggest getting an additional, new burner and trying to find Verbatim 8x DL media.