Dvd unit Liteon sohw-1653S does not read audio cds anymore nor blank cd/dvd

vbimport

Hi all

i am new to this site, well ,last week i tried burning an audio cd with roxio easy cd and dvd media creator    and just when it was about 87 % complete i got a burning error which i did not read cuz i assumed the cd was done      so i just clicked ok,then i noticed it was not succesfully burned but right after that, the dvd unit did not read nor play cd or cdrom cds anymore, it can still read and play dvds though, any help will be appreciated. I updated firmare to no avail, i can only play dvd dics now, when i try to burn either cd or dvd it says,please insert blank cd as if there was no cd/ dvd inside the unit.

I even deleted roxio easy media creator but it still has the same problem, the device manager hardware says the lite on dvdrw sohw-1653S is working fineā€¦
Please be specific and give step-by-step instructions to help solve this problem

I have a Piv ,windows xp , 512 memory and 22,8 gb free hard disk space, Lite-on dvdrw sohw-1653S

No one helped me with this same exact problem posted here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=208136