DVD to PSP: Sound Volume Leveling Problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony flash memory card - 8 GB - Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark2. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello!

I’m having a problem with converting the movie Resident Evil to my PSP. Every time I convert the DVD to PSP I get about a second of the audio in the beginning really quiet then it “turns up” to the level I set.

I’ve been using DVDfab for years now and LOVE it, but for some reason recently I’ve been having this problem.

I’ve tried different versions of DVDfab:

[ul]
[li]DVDFab Platinum 5.0.6.0
[/li][li]DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.2
[/li][li]DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.2 Mobile
[/li][li]DVDFab Platinum 5.3.0.5 Beta
[/li][/ul]

All had the same second of quiet then “turned up” problem

[ul]
[li]I’ve tried converting straight from the DVD and making an ISO withDVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 then converting, but both had the same second of quiet then “turned up” problem
[/li][li]I’m running Windows XP Home Edition on a DELL INSPIRON 9300 (about 2-3 years old)
[/li][li]The DVD Burner is the one that came with the Computer (I don’t know what it is, but I can check if you know how to)
[/li][/ul]

Here’s the settings I use in DVDFab to convert my movies:

I’ve also fallowed “Guide: Clean uninstal of DVDFab Platinum/Gold on XP” by StormJumper
But with every version I get the same second of quiet then “turned up” problem

So I’m stumped!
I’ve tried everything I could think of but still don’t know how to fix it.
I thought it might just be this DVD so I tried Resident Evil: Extinction and Blast From the Past, but both also had the same second of quiet then “turned up” problem.
Is there an even older version I should try? I really don’t care how long it takes to convert the DVD to PSP, just as long as the quality is great.
Is there a different program I should use? I like how in depth and how many things you can change using DVDFab, but I’m open to see what else is out there.
(I’ve messed around PSP Video 9 but for some reason my sound didn’t work and when I transferred it on to the PSP it said “unsupported data”)

Thank you so much for reading!

[B]UPDATE: [/B]
So I figured out how to use PSP Video 9 and it [B]DOES NOT[/B] Have the sound “turning up” problem!

Although PSP Video 9 “worked”, it doesn’t let you edit the sound or the cropping of the frame. So, for me, its not what I’m looking for.

BUT! With this test I found out its not my DVD Burner!
So please, does anyone know how to fix this problem? or is anyone else having this problem also?

Thanks!

Do the files have this audio glitch if you play them back on your PC with VLC or some other software media player?

[QUOTE=signals;2243857]Do the files have this audio glitch if you play them back on your PC with VLC or some other software media player?[/QUOTE]

Yes,
If I play the converted file on my PC or on the PSP I get the same volume “turned up” problem.

This may be happening on my conversions too but I haven’t noticed it–maybe because it happens at the beginning of a movie when there’s not much audio happening anyway. I will play some recent ones and see.

[QUOTE=signals;2244196]This may be happening on my conversions too but I haven’t noticed it–maybe because it happens at the beginning of a movie when there’s not much audio happening anyway. I will play some recent ones and see.[/QUOTE]

I’ve only converted 2 DVDs to PSP, [U]Dark Knight[/U] and [U]Star Wars: A New Hope[/U], and both don’t have sound in the very beginning. So I also probably didn’t notice this problem until now.

Let me know if it’s happening on your DVDs, maybe they can fix it in there next release :wink:

[B]UPDATE:[/B]
I have tried Aimersoft Video Converter and it works great! They give you just about every option DVDfab gives you.
[B]BUT[/B] there is one problem.
They only give you the option to turn the volume up "200%"
If there 200% was the same as DVDfabs 200% then we’d be in business, but there 200% Volume level is about 130% of DVDfabs…

So in the end, no it doesn’t have the same volume “turned up” problem, but they don’t let you turn the volume up loud enough… ahgg.