Dvd to pc hardrive then flytv

vbimport

tried to post before but didn’t work, which profile and codec should i use for the video file to play back through a flytv external hardrive which can play directly through the tv. i’ve tried a couple but the don’t play.

A link to the device and/or specifications on what it plays would be helpful.

hope this helps!! liz x

Computer equipped with USB2 connection,
MAC OS 10.x, Windows 2000 and Windows XP
•PAC KA G E CONTA I N S
1 FlyCASE TV
1 USB2
1 Audio-Video cable
1 External power supply (12V)
1 SCART to RCA adapter
1 Remote control
2 AAA Batteries
1 Quick installation guide
Drivers, Software an User’s guide (installed on disk)
•T ECHN IC A L S P EC IF I C AT I O N S
Capacities 160, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500 GB
Dimensions 210 x 115 x 45 mm
Maximum power consumption 15 W
Power supply adapter 12 V/2A
Weight 900 g
SUPPORTED FILES
Audio MP3, WMA, WAV (PCM and ADPCM Microsoft)
Photos JPEG
Videos MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, DIVX3, DIVX4, DIVX5, DIVX6, XVID

I believe you are talking about the Flycase TV:

http://www.pikaone.com/en/products/flycaseTV.htm

Here is the section from the manual that may help:

SUPPORTED VIDEO FILE FORMAT
MPEG (1/2 et 4), DIVX (3, 4, 5 and 6), AVI, Motion JPEG, XVID, VOB.

VIDEO DEFINITION MAXI
720*576

SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMAT
MP3 no DRM (MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 1/2/3), WAV, WMA V.7/V.9 Std, PDDC

I would suggest you start with the VOB Passthrough and the AVI (XVID + MP3) options.

just tried it with the settings you gave but unfortunately still no joy, maybe i’ll just have to rip with every setting and hope 1 works. thanks anyway, liz x

Do you have any files not created by DVDFab that work? If so, can you share the output from MediaInfo.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaInfo

I have 53 movies on there which i got from the net, the info I got from one of them is video:898kbps, 640*336, (1.905) at 23.976fps, MPEG4 visual (Xvid)(simple@L3)(BVOP),
audio:169 kbps, 48.0khz, 2 channels, MPEG audio mp3,(version1)(layer3)(joint stereo)

maybe you can tell me the right thing to use in DVDfab to get these file outputs.
thanks again, Liz

the ones that don’t work are
video: 1353kbps, 992*538 (16/9), at 30.000fps, MPEG 4 visual (xvid)(simple@L3)
Audio:384kbps, 48khz, 5 channels ac-3,

this looks almost the same as the ones that do play other than the sound, so what thing is making it not work, thank, Liz

My first guess is that the video width on the device is limited and it may not support AC3 audio. Try the AVI (xvid + mp3) option in DVDFab and select a resolution that is 640 or less. If it doesn’t work, please share the MediaInfo for the file that DVDFab creates.

great, i tried your suggestion with success, i used the avi, xvid, mp3 and selected the 640 *— res and the copy played, however the quality was poor so i am now going to fiddle till i get the best playable copy. thanks again, for all your help, regards, Liz