DVD to Mobile

vbimport

Hey…
Am I losing it or am I just dumb…
I have Platinum and realize that I can download movies to my IPod.
How???
I just went onto my computer and transferred a movie using the DVD to Mobile. It then told me that it would take about 2 hours to complete. Is that accarate?
I still haven’t come across any guides which would tell me exactly how to do this process.
From what I understand, I download my movie to my hard drive in an MP4 format. What do I do after that? The movie is doing this as I type (on another computer).
I am lost, and I don’t think I should be. Should I wait to see what happens after the movie decodes it to MP4?
I have Platinum and I really want to use it to it’s fullest.
Also I have PS3… What do I do with that?
I’ve searched and couldn’t find any guides explaining exactly what to do in these situations.
Thanks for any help I know you all will give me!!! :rolleyes::confused::eek::frowning:
LB

There are profiles for various flavors of the iPod and PS3 in DVD to Mobile. All you need to do is choose the correct one for the target device. I think the ones for the iPod require that you load the finished files using iTunes; not sure about the PS3. Have you looked over the Tutorial?

[QUOTE=signals;2053164]There are profiles for various flavors of the iPod and PS3 in DVD to Mobile. All you need to do is choose the correct one for the target device. I think the ones for the iPod require that you load the finished files using iTunes; not sure about the PS3. Have you looked over the Tutorial?[/QUOTE]

I have and I am waiting for the results of the finished product of the iTune.
I’m sure I can figure it out, but I was just looking for some guidance.
I’ve read the profiles over and over again and they don’t seem to give step by step assistance.

Post some of the specific problems or questions you have and we’ll all try to answer them.

I am pretty good at answering this one because I am not a techie in any sense of the word. Here is what I posted before to answer this question. Hope it’s all the info you need
First of all, in order to get it into Mpeg 4 format( which is what you need for
ipod), using DVD Fab platinum. Assuming you have that, here goes:
On the home screen, under DVD to mobile, click on Ipod. Put your disc in and the
program will read it. It will bring up a list to select from. Select the title
you want to copy( usually the top one which is the longest will be the full
movie). Make sure you uncheck the subpicture box at the bottom unless you want
subtitles. then click continue. On the next screen it will read the disc again.
At the top, make sure the movie is going to the folder you want it to( you may
have a folder for your DVD fab movies) It cannot go directly into Itunes. At the
bottom, you will see a button that says configure. On this screen, check the
profile( i use the MPEG4 profile, but you could use the default ipod as well).
You can name your file if your want it different that the default it is given.On
this screen you can also change the volume( I suggest 150%) and the screen
resolution. I have a Ipod touch so mine would be different from yours. Click OK.
It will take you back the screen before and you will click start. When it is
finished, open your itunes and click on add file to library. It will ask you
where to find it( wherever you saved it) and it will add it to your library.
When you sync your ipod, you can add it in.

Hope I didn’t forget anything and this helps.

Thanks to you all…
I will try and upload the movie to my iPod this evening when I get home.
I woke up this morning and everything looked OK as far as putting the files on my computer.
Still I have one more question…
Should it take 2 hours to put the files on my computer?

Krispy, Great explanation…

Only a suggestion to maybe use blank lines in between the paragraphs.

[quote=LDLDL;2053369]Still I have one more question…
Should it take 2 hours to put the files on my computer?[/quote]

It depends on the speed of your processor, etc. 2 hours does not seem unreasonable, especially for 2 pass. It also depends on the length of the movie.

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2053434]It depends on the speed of your processor, etc. 2 hours does not seem unreasonable, especially for 2 pass. It also depends on the length of the movie.[/QUOTE]
:iagree:…It takes me about the same for 2-pass. My rig is aging and I’d like to build another, but I really don’t need to…
P4, 3.0 GHz. 2 GB DDR RAM, etc,.
The 2 hours is no big deal…I just hit start and continue with the “honey-do-list”…:rolleyes::bigsmile:

[B]@krispiek16[/B], I agree, nicely done

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2053434]It depends on the speed of your processor, etc. 2 hours does not seem unreasonable, especially for 2 pass. It also depends on the length of the movie.[/QUOTE]

What is “2 pass”? :confused:

Krispiek…
Your explaination was great!!!
Thanks

[QUOTE=LDLDL;2053478]What is “2 pass”? :confused:[/QUOTE]

From Fengtao himself:

“…When choosing 2-pass encoding, the first pass will only analyze the video data for better VBR encoding in second pass, so the quality of 2-pass should be better…”

1 pass generally yields great results for me. I use both, but quality is “very” dependent on playback hardware, etc.