DVD to Mobile Xbox360

what exactly does this do? i ran it and it seemed to rip it to my computer. so how do i play it through my xbox 360? I have my xbox set up to run media player and music and pics wirelessly.

Ok I will take a stab at this. WMP 11 is a media server that will serve media, movies, pictures and music.

WMP 11 will serve content to any media extender

You have to enable media sharing within windows media player.

This is for windows XP. Vista Home Premium has media center.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A MEDIA CENTER PC FOR THIS TO WORK JUST WMP 11.

No software is required for this to work with WMP11.

BTW I have a HP Media smart connect and I serve movies wireless using the 802.11N

Then just add content to your libary and fire up your xbox360.

I’m a PC and I play Poker

BTW wireless G will not cut it you must use N or hard wire 100mps ethernet.

I’m a PC and I play Poker

gotcha…i have wireless G, i might try it anyways, i stream music and pics from pc to xbox all the time. thanks for the help

The video for the Xbox 360 is in WMV format and can been seen by the Xbox if you have the file it is in as a shared file

[QUOTE=GJ;2196276]The video for the Xbox 360 is in WMV format and can been seen by the Xbox if you have the file it is in as a shared file[/QUOTE]Not just WMV:

Video formats

MPEG-1 with MPEG audio

MPEG-2 with MPEG audio or AC-3 audio

WMV 7, 8, and 9 with WMA Standard or WMA Pro audio

WMV Image 1 and 2 (Photo Story 1, 2, and 3)

[quote=Monkeycowboy;2196283]Not just WMV:

Video formats

MPEG-1 with MPEG audio

MPEG-2 with MPEG audio or AC-3 audio

WMV 7, 8, and 9 with WMA Standard or WMA Pro audio

WMV Image 1 and 2 (Photo Story 1, 2, and 3)[/quote]
where do you find these options in the Xbox 360 mobile option as all I see is just 1 option

[QUOTE=GJ;2196368]where do you find these options in the Xbox 360 mobile option as all I see is just 1 option[/QUOTE]Sorry those are the formats supported by the xBox 360.

If you Start with Generic profile you can tweek if to suit your individual needs.

xBox360 is just a Media extender.

I started my libary with DVD to WMV but that program is no longer supported and I find the AVI container is more stable and i do not have the troubles getting Dolby Digital 5.1 as with WMV.

xvid video same as source audio FTW.

[quote=Monkeycowboy;2196633]Sorry those are the formats supported by the xBox 360.

If you Start with Generic profile you can tweek if to suit your individual needs.

xBox360 is just a Media extender.

I started my libary with DVD to WMV but that program is no longer supported and I find the AVI container is more stable and i do not have the troubles getting Dolby Digital 5.1 as with WMV.

xvid video same as source audio FTW.[/quote]
Monkeycowboy You have a PM :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=GJ;2196368]where do you find these options in the Xbox 360 mobile option as all I see is just 1 option[/QUOTE]OK I stole my step daughters xBox 360… hey it’s pretty cool…and hooked it up to my development environment.

Straight up it had no problems playing WMV files I had created prior to discovering DVDfab.

Next step I choose an avi file (Bangkok Dangerous), gave me an error messege that I needed to connect to xBox live and update the system. So I go through the sign up process and connect to xBox Live. I go back to media an tryto kick off BD, and I get the same message, except now there is a button to perform the upgrade. I select upgrade and 30 sec later Bangkok Dangerous is playing in all it’s glory.

Bottom line, if the xBox360 profile is too slow use the Generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy profile.