DVD to Mobile probs

was using the 5.0 beta version transfrring my purchased movies onto my cellphone. started working at the beginning but now isnt. heres the changes that were made and whatnot.

dvd to mobile was working until i changed the default settings. changed it from the preset phone type to the slvr. after that it would only create an mp4 of the audio files. i then updated to the new 5.0.1.2(???) and same thing. so took the slvr off of default and then it started working again. thing is now all of a sudden when i go to play a movie on the slvr the phone says “file corrupt”. whats going on here?

the movies were playing now they are corrupt. is it the dvdfab or my phone? how do i find out for sure?

See if the files will play on your PC. You may need VLC media player if you don’t already have it (free). I suspect the files are not corrupt but are just not to your phone’s liking for some reason. When you changed the profile, the bitrate/frame rate/ video codec may be different and the phone may be rejecting the files. I had not noticed that any profiles had been changed or deleted with the new version.

weird thing is that now the same files that played before are now “corrupt”. any reason why they would be good yesterday on my phone but corrupt today? i tried formatting the mem card on the phone but that idea didnt work.

for some reason rebooting the phone seemed to do the trick. not sure why this was necessary but im not gonna look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth.

My LG VX9400 is flaky too. Sometimes takes it 25 minutes before it will admit it has a memory card in the slot. The more on the card, the longer it takes. Glad you are working now.

[QUOTE=signals;2049749]My LG VX9400 is flaky too. Sometimes takes it 25 minutes before it will admit it has a memory card in the slot. The more on the card, the longer it takes. Glad you are working now.[/QUOTE]

It’s probably indexing the contents of your memory card. If you have a ton of MP3s or pictures on the card, that’s kind of normal… the CPU on those devices is geared towards low power utilization, not performance :slight_smile:

As an example, the iPod manages this by using a special database of files. That’s why you have to use itunes to load and unload crap on the ipod… so the database is updated properly. The advantage is that the ipod is blazing fast searching for songs. Other devices take longer and/or eat up more memory.

i did notice this little problem/quirk with the dvd to mobile option. in order to use the feature you have to open the dvdfab then highlight the “cellphone” option first then put the disk into the drive. if you put the disk in the drive first then the cellphone option disappears.

anyone else notice this or have same issue?

What I see is that the preview window hides the Cell Phone, PVP and PDA options. Try to minimize the preveiw window and you should see those options reappear.

well duh! feel like a dumb-a$$ now.

[QUOTE=pythonis;2050557]well duh! feel like a dumb-a$$ now.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t worry about it.

I’m sure we ALL are guilty at some stage !!!

Been there and done that! :doh: