DVD to Mobile option problem

vbimport

Bought my copy a few years ago, retail.
I opened the program last night to attempt to transfer a dvd to my Itouch, 1st gen. Usually, it’s never a problem. I open the program, insert the disc. The program recognized a disc, but doesn’t load any dvd information in the main window. I tried re-starting the program, the computer, didn’t help.
There was a newer version available, so I updated to 8.0.0.5, that didn’t help either. Just so happened, I had a key for version 5, which I clicked and voila! The program properly recognized the disc I was trying to rip, I was able to manipulate the conversion settings and all.
What is happening with Version 8? Do I need a key for Version 8 as well to recognize that I have a retail copy of the program?
Any help would be appreciated.

Computer specs:
AMD XP2400+
NF7-S
2gb ddr ram
Pioneer dvd burner
XP Pro, SP3

[QUOTE=skuntbehavior;2543234]Bought my copy a few years ago, retail.
I opened the program last night to attempt to transfer a dvd to my Itouch, 1st gen. Usually, it’s never a problem. I open the program, insert the disc. The program recognized a disc, but doesn’t load any dvd information in the main window. I tried re-starting the program, the computer, didn’t help.
There was a newer version available, so I updated to 8.0.0.5, that didn’t help either. Just so happened, I had a key for version 5, which I clicked and voila! The program properly recognized the disc I was trying to rip, I was able to manipulate the conversion settings and all.
What is happening with Version 8? Do I need a key for Version 8 as well to recognize that I have a retail copy of the program?
Any help would be appreciated.

Computer specs:
AMD XP2400+
NF7-S
2gb ddr ram
Pioneer dvd burner
XP Pro, SP3[/QUOTE]

Hi skuntbehavior

With versions 6, 7 and 8 can all be activated using the v6 reg key, if you don’t have the v6 or above reg key you can send off for it or download it directly to your computer.

However you will need to register at the “User Control Center” found on the DVDFab.com please see the knowledge-base thread at the link below.
http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-knowledge-base-310834/

Thanks for the suggestions.
Went to the User Control site. Entered my email and pw as asked, returned an error, either wrong email or pw. Tried to reset the pw, by entering my email and the 4 digit code I see, this is what I got.

“Verify Failed
The operation failed.”

This happened last night, I sent off an email to Support, have not heard anything back yet.

[QUOTE=skuntbehavior;2543337]Thanks for the suggestions.
Went to the User Control site. Entered my email and pw as asked, returned an error, either wrong email or pw. Tried to reset the pw, by entering my email and the 4 digit code I see, this is what I got.

“Verify Failed
The operation failed.”

This happened last night, I sent off an email to Support, have not heard anything back yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you register as a member of DVDFab.com first ? You will see this to the right of the web page…

If you have already purchased DVDFab products, in order to provide you better service(Resend keys, change e-mail, etc.), please click here to [B]Register.[/B]

[B]Note[/B]…Use the email you used during the purchase of the DVDFab product, and I suggest you don’t use the same password you use to log in to this forum

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2543348]Did you register as a member of DVDFab.com first ? You will see this to the right of the web page…

If you have already purchased DVDFab products, in order to provide you better service(Resend keys, change e-mail, etc.), please click here to [B]Register.[/B]

[B]Note[/B]…Use the email you used during the purchase of the DVDFab product, and I suggest you don’t use the same password you use to log in to this forum

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late response.
Thanks for the suggestions. I did end up finding the key for version 6, applied it and it worked for the latest version (8). Last weekend I had to re-format the machine after 6 years. Hard to believe, but yes.
I ended up installing DVDFAB tonight, version 8. Applied the key, all good.
Threw in a dvd title today and the program won’t stay open longer than 15 seconds before it crashes. I sent off a dump report, but I thought I could work someone’s brain until I hear back.
I only rip dancehall dvds to my 1st gen touch. I love the program and the quality of the picture on the touch, this crashing has me stumped though.

[QUOTE=skuntbehavior;2544777]Sorry for the late response.
Thanks for the suggestions. I did end up finding the key for version 6, applied it and it worked for the latest version (8). Last weekend I had to re-format the machine after 6 years. Hard to believe, but yes.
I ended up installing DVDFAB tonight, version 8. Applied the key, all good.
Threw in a dvd title today and the program won’t stay open longer than 15 seconds before it crashes. I sent off a dump report, but I thought I could work someone’s brain until I hear back.
I only rip dancehall dvds to my 1st gen touch. I love the program and the quality of the picture on the touch, this crashing has me stumped though.[/QUOTE]

Hi skuntbehavior

Well I say better late then never :bigsmile:

Glad you was able to get the key issue worked out, sorry about the reformat though :frowning: it’s something I’ll be doing soon myself :rolleyes:

Anyway when the program crashes I take it your talking about during the conversion right?, if so are you doing a one pass or two pass process ?

also please go into common settings-> “A/V Codec” and look at the settings if you have “CUDA” selected in any of the settings try using the “Software” setting, BTW…what profile are you using and are you making any changes to it ?

Yes, the conversion. I usually do a two pass, just so audio is properly sync’d with the video, I don’t mind beefing up on the quality, and I usually just set it and come back in an hour or so.
A/V Codec settings all set to Software.

What do you mean by profile?
What is the general rule of thumb when it comes to “one pass” or 2?

Ok, so I am attempting another dvd and for this session I jacked up the quality all the way to the right to the highest but I opted for 'one pass.'
Hasn’t crashed yet, going about 9 minutes now.

Update: Finished ripping a dvd, downloaded the latest itunes, but might go back to an earlier version if I can’t stand 10. Added the file in itunes and video is now present on itouch. Going to bed, will report quality and what not.

[QUOTE=skuntbehavior;2545071]Update: Finished ripping a dvd, downloaded the latest itunes, but might go back to an earlier version if I can’t stand 10. Added the file in itunes and video is now present on itouch. Going to bed, will report quality and what not.[/QUOTE]

Have a good nights sleep :flower:

I try, but it never helps getting to bed at 1am.

Well, happy to report that the rip was great, audio appears to be sync’d properly with the video.

So what is the deal with one pass and two pass?

[QUOTE=skuntbehavior;2545209]I try, but it never helps getting to bed at 1am.

Well, happy to report that the rip was great, audio appears to be sync’d properly with the video.

So what is the deal with one pass and two pass?[/QUOTE]

Hi skuntbehavior

I’m glad you got it working :clap: even though it was just the one pass :slight_smile:

I believe there is an issue with the programming as far as the two pass goes any, I will check into this to see what I can find out and get back to you :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Yeah, me too.
It’s sometimes frustrating and time consuming to try to troubleshoot. If it were another product, I would have said screw it. I have always loved this product, so this wasn’t going to defeat me, LOL.
Yeah, whatever you find out would be cool. I know for a fact that with previous versions ‘one pass’ just didn’t do a good enough job as far as sync’ing both the audio and video together. Obviously this is not the case now.
Thanks again for your help, it’s apparent that good help is still easy to find!

[QUOTE=skuntbehavior;2545552]Yeah, me too.
It’s sometimes frustrating and time consuming to try to troubleshoot. If it were another product, I would have said screw it. I have always loved this product, so this wasn’t going to defeat me, LOL.
Yeah, whatever you find out would be cool. I know for a fact that with previous versions ‘one pass’ just didn’t do a good enough job as far as sync’ing both the audio and video together. Obviously this is not the case now.
[B]Thanks again for your help, it’s apparent that good help is still easy to find[/B]![/QUOTE]

You are more then welcome my friend :wink:

All the members here at Club MyCE are always willing to lend a hand to help fellow members if they can :cool:

BTW…I have created a thread in the main DVDFab forum for users/members to get to know one another best of all there is no set topic, so when ever you just want to chat with me or another member drop on in here is a link http://club.myce.com/f116/dvd-fab-products-discussion-thread-210538/

[B]SJ[/B]