Dvd to mobile htc touch

i am thinking of buying the htc touch phone and when converting it to mobile what selection should i use? can there be a option for the htc phone?

Hi Raymond. There is probably already a profile that will work fine, even though it may be named for something else. With the video specs for the phone, someone can make one for you easily. Do you have the specs or a link to their website?

[QUOTE=signals;1953600]Hi Raymond. There is probably already a profile that will work fine, even though it may be named for something else. With the video specs for the phone, someone can make one for you easily. Do you have the specs or a link to their website?[/QUOTE]
I have posted one on this Forum for a Dopod D810 (HTC Trinity)

This should work.

Use search and download it.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;1953737]I have posted one on this Forum for a Dopod D810 (HTC Trinity)

This should work.

Use search and download it.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks but when i open it,it is test and iam not very good at coding how do i get that to work in dvd fab? thanks

Raymond
I took Gregi’s profile and renamed it for your phone. Just download it to your desktop and change the file suffix from .txt to .xml, then move it to your DVDFab Profiles folder (usually C;\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum4\Profiles). When you restart DVDFab it should appear on the drop down list with all the other cellphones. I also increased the maximim bitrate to 400, your phone may take larger files (you need to check the specs to see).

cellphone.3gp.mpeg4.aac.htcTouch.txt (799 Bytes)

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;1954878]ok thanks but when i open it,it is test and iam not very good at coding how do i get that to work in dvd fab? thanks[/QUOTE]

I presume that you mean that it is a text file.

Copy this text file to C:\Program Files\DVD Fab …\Profiles directory, rename it to an XML file and then when you start FAB the profile will appear under PDA’s, I think.

Also the new Beta version of Fab just released has a Zune profile which will also work with Windows Mobile based smartphones.

Greg

Signals, you were too quick for me…

The same thing just happened to me in another thread, somebody else posted while I was slowly typing away…:). Hope you don’t mind that I hijacked your profile for Raymond. Will these phones not take memory cards to get the file size up to something usable??

[QUOTE=signals;1954896]The same thing just happened to me in another thread, somebody else posted while I was slowly typing away…:). Hope you don’t mind that I hijacked your profile for Raymond. Will these phones not take memory cards to get the file size up to something usable??[/QUOTE]
Yeah,

I’m running a 4Gb Micro SD card in mine but the size is not the issue on PDA’s/Smartphones but the actual grunt of the processor. The Dopod is a 400Mhz Samsung.

This said, I’ve found that 320x(XXX) depending on aspect ratio, 150KBps, 64Kbps audio certainly gives very watchable results…

I’m now going to move on to using the WMV Zune version to do even more fine tuning…

Certainly did not mind you hijacking the profile. That’s why I put it up, for people to use and I would have been equally happy if Ting included it in the build.

He very well may in a future release. Several that I have posted or sent him showed up a release or two later. I’m going to watch a movie. Good work on the screwy subtitle thread.:)[quote=GregiBoy;1954906]Yeah,

I’m running a 4Gb Micro SD card in mine but the size is not the issue on PDA’s/Smartphones but the actual grunt of the processor. The Dopod is a 400Mhz Samsung.

This said, I’ve found that 320x(XXX) depending on aspect ratio, 150KBps, 64Kbps audio certainly gives very watchable results…

I’m now going to move on to using the WMV Zune version to do even more fine tuning…

Certainly did not mind you hijacking the profile. That’s why I put it up, for people to use and I would have been equally happy if Ting included it in the build.[/quote]

thanks guys…

i had no luc…when i save it to my desk top it is a .text file so i right click on the icon and renme it to .xml,then copy it to the profile folder,then it is still a test file called htc touch.xml and it does not open in my profile…am i not renaming it properly?

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;1955256]i had no luc…when i save it to my desk top it is a .text file so i right click on the icon and renme it to .xml,then copy it to the profile folder,then it is still a test file called htc touch.xml and it does not open in my profile…am i not renaming it properly?[/QUOTE]

That’s what it sounds like!!!

open my computer, click tools, folder options, view…uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

troy

[QUOTE=troy512;1955341]open my computer, click tools, folder options, view…uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

troy[/QUOTE]

that is it thanks…

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;1955770]that is it thanks…[/QUOTE]

Raymond

Good to hear that you’ve now got it all fixed :slight_smile:

Regards, Greg