DVD to Mobile - AMV Format

Does anyone know whether the internal encoding of Fab supports AMV format?

I am asking because I have started importing cheap (All under $100AUD) little MP4 players from China ( http://www.sun-usb.com/ ) and have developed custom FAB profiles that work fine on the 3XXX series (3.x Inch, 400 x 240 pixels) and the 2XXX Series (2.x Inch, 320 x 240 pixels), XVid & MP3, XVid & MP2. These profiles are for our buyers to use and hopefully add more users to the Fab community.

I am now on the last profile for the 1XXX series (1.X Inch, 160 x 120 pixels) and they use AMV format. I can take the files that work on the other series and run them through the supplied AMV converter, but I want to make it a one step process with FAB.

I understand Mencoder and some other engines actually support the AMV format and I cannot find any documentation in Fab.

Hopefully Ting might read this and let me know.

Mods: This is NOT a commercial plug and there are no references to any site that sells these items.

Wikipedia says the FFmpeg group were working on this as of 2007.

Yah, AMV support is inbuilt in Mediaencoder which also has a special version for these types of devices and it uses FFMPeg but to use this is a three step process.

Hence the question whether there are any parameters that I can set in the Fab profile.

hi,

I have got this, and I will do some study for this foramt, but maybe you need wait some time, and I do my best to implement this as soon as possibile.

Thanks.

Much appreciated if you do. Like many I also have an MP4 player that only plays .AMV but the conversion software is o bad I dont use it.

I guess I’ll chime in too. .AMV conversion would be awesome. I currently use Platinum to preprocess before putting the avi through the bytessence converter. I still haven’t figured out how to output 16fps and 22050 mono sound coming out of fab. I have had some success with using ffdshow tryouts filters with fab and that seems to improve quality a bit. Thanks for the consideration Ting!

[QUOTE=Ting;2120952]hi,

I have got this, and I will do some study for this foramt, but maybe you need wait some time, and I do my best to implement this as soon as possibile.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Ting, if you need sample files or any other assistance, send me a PM.

Regards
Greg