DVD to IPOD

Tried posting this before but posts were moved around and I could not find it so hope I am not double posting. I have used the mobile Ipod option with past versions of DVDFAB and had no problems. With the latest version of 5 a couple of things happened. First I had the conversion set to 1 pass but the program went through Pass 1 twice! Then ITunes was unable to see the mp4 movie and thus I could not transfer it to my iPod. I just used the last release of version 4 which I still have loaded and it went without a hitch and is on my Ipod now!

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a bug?

Which of the ipod profiles were you using?

If I understand your question I used the Ipod profile without changing any other settings. I believe there was also a generic profile. I had tried once before with the Ipod profile and set to two passes - that one was not seen by Itunes as well. So I tried again with the defaults (1 pass) but the one pass was gone though twice. I just checked and it was the Ipod profile (mp4).

I was just trying version 5 again and noticed that the output file is sent to c:\XXXXX\generic\XX regardless of using the generic or the Ipod profile (see attached 1 and 2). Under version 4 there is only one profile and it goes to a sub-folder under Ipod (shot 3 attached). Not sure if this means anything!!

Hi dskiff
I have noticed this quirk in v5 also: whatever you have selected first in DVD to Mobile gets added to the task list. Just highlight it (the Generic one) and click the Remove button. That’s why it’s going through one-oass twice: there were two jobs on the task list. Try you ipod profile again by itself and let us know how it works.

[QUOTE=signals;2051117]Hi dskiff
I have noticed this quirk in v5 also: whatever you have selected first in DVD to Mobile gets added to the task list. Just highlight it (the Generic one) and click the Remove button. That’s why it’s going through one-oass twice: there were two jobs on the task list. Try you ipod profile again by itself and let us know how it works.[/QUOTE]

Hi Signals,

Many many thanks!! Your suggestion worked like a charm. I thank you and my granddaughter thanks you!! DVDFAB has to be the absolute best and most updated program I have ever encountered. As a University Professor who teaches computers I encounter many programs - this tops them all. Also notice the great advice you provide to so many. Again, Thanks.

Purchased a DVD to Ipod program from IMTOO last night just to get this movie done and have a backup method - anything for the grandkids!! Now if I can just get the registration key to work on that one!!

Don

Glad to help, perfesser!:wink: