DVD to Ipod

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer. I have tried looking in the tutorial and can’t find an answer.

I have an ipod that I have used DVDfab to convert some of my movies. I have also a cradle that I can hook up to my tv to watch those movies from my ipod. However the quality is bad for the bigger screen. Does anyone know what changes I can make on the software to adjust the quality to help with the larger screen?

Not sure what you mean by a larger screen tv, but my guess is that a movie compressed and converted to mpeg-4 with a resultant file size of about 1 GB isn’t gonna be great on a larger screen tv.

I do the same for my Ipod…use a patch cord to a tv. The movies look just fine for viewing…like in a camp, motel or a portable tv at home, but certainly not up to big screen standards.

I remember a user back awhile who was using apple tv and said he got a great picture on a 50" tv…:confused:
It’s not that I don’t believe him, I just can’t figure how a 1 GB file is going to play well on a big screen

I don’t have an ipod at least not the Video type,but try using the H.264 codec. I use it to convert some flicks and play through my Xbox 360 and view on my 50" Plasma. It’s only 700mb size@ 758kbps ,and it looks great…try it…Not sure how it’ll look through your Ipod, as I stated I don’t have one…

Thanks t0nee1,

I typically use 1-pass and the basic ipod device (mpeg4 + aac) as default.
I’ll try the ipod.h264 device setting.
Do you use 1 or 2-pass and do you see a marked difference between them?

Hey maineman, I just started converting to mp4/h.264, since updating the Xbox360… I’m now able to burn to “CD” disc and play it on my Xbox…Till now I’ve been using MeGui,but recently started trying out Fabs many features including ,of course Generic backups…I haven’t tried 2-pass as you’re well aware it’ll take significantly longer…But I’ll have to give it a spin,since so far I’m liking the output even at 1-pass…I think you’ll be pleased with the outcome.Good luck!

[QUOTE=maineman;1971259]Thanks t0nee1,

I typically use 1-pass and the basic ipod device (mpeg4 + aac) as default.
I’ll try the ipod.h264 device setting.
Do you use 1 or 2-pass and do you see a marked difference between them?[/QUOTE]

No I haven’t tried the two pass. I have only tried the 1, I will try both the .h264 and the two pass. I have a tendency to convert just before I leave to go somewhere or to bed. I will let you know in the morning if it worked.
Thanks!

[QUOTE=maineman;1971217]Not sure what you mean by a larger screen tv, but my guess is that a movie compressed and converted to mpeg-4 with a resultant file size of about 1 GB isn’t gonna be great on a larger screen tv.

I do the same for my Ipod…use a patch cord to a tv. The movies look just fine for viewing…like in a camp, motel or a portable tv at home, but certainly not up to big screen standards.

I remember a user back awhile who was using apple tv and said he got a great picture on a 50" tv…:confused:
It’s not that I don’t believe him, I just can’t figure how a 1 GB file is going to play well on a big screen[/QUOTE]

I do mean a 35 inch tv (you know the big one(well it was big several years ago:p ) That’s the term I was looking for “Campy”. I would love to plug it into my 54" but the husband re-ran all of the wires to get everything to HD and now I can’t even play the ipod on my stereo. Something new to work on.