DVD to iPod on "ImTOO DVD platinum" question

Hi, everybody!

Is there a way I can avoid gaps between chapters on DVDs ripped on ImTOO platinum and played back on iTunes?

For example, if I rip a concert, I have to do it as a single file in order to get continuity between songs. If I do it by chapters, there’s a gap at least 3 seconds-long between each one.

Any hints?

Thanx!

MóN.

Well the 3 second gap is a standard when making chapters. In some products (like Nero audio) you can edit the preferences to get rid of the 3 seconds gap. Perhaps your programs can also edit those preferences.
Note that there will alsways be a loading time between seperate files. this gap is unavoidable.

Maybe you need set “Start Time” and “Duration” to get the clip you want. First of all, you should highlight the loaded file in the program. And then enter correct values for “Start Time” and “Duration”, which can be found on the right panel of the interface For example, if you want a 3-minute-clip from the 10 minutes of the whole movie, please enter “00:10:00” for “Start Time” and “00:03:00” for “Duration”. It will be much easier for you to finish a clip encoding in the Wizard. You just need to set start point and end point before you start conversion.

First of all, many thanks for your reply.

I think I didn’t make myself clear enough, tho…
Mac users rip their DVDs (concerts, for example) with [B]Handbrake[/B] (they have it for Windows too, but still with some issues).
Handbrake lets you rip the whole thing and automatically set the chapters (songs) in a gapless format. Instead of burning each chapter as a separate “iPod movie” (hence the gaps), it just “marks” them so you can watch and listen without spaces (as a whole file), but still you’re able to skip songs without “searching” them along the file.

I want to know if ImTOODVD platinum has a similar feature for Windows (XP).

I don’t know if I’m getting my point across. My english isn’t that good. :frowning:

Again, many thanx! :slight_smile:

if you don’t want to converter your file by Chapters, You can choose to hide or show the chapters by pressing the button “Hide/Show Chapters” between the button “titile” and red one

I do want the chapters. I just don’t want the gaps between them. :frowning:

I am sorry that imtoo’s product cannot do this, the gap is in the course of nature for player, we cannot wipe off it