DVD to DVD

Hello Everyone,

I’m new, but hopefully I will learn fast. Is there anyway to copy a CSS protected DVD to DVD. I’m not interested in copying to VCD or SVCD. I would like to retain all the extras that true DVD format provide. I don’t care about cost or equipment. I just want the best possible way to go DVD to DVD. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

SoulSearcher009

Try the search, this has been covered several times.

I tried doing a search and a lot of obscure topics were returned. I will continue to try different field topics for the search. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time.

SoulSearcher009

Did you look around in the DVD forum? You might have to go back a few days to find what your looking for. As far as I know, their isn’t any programs for a 1:1 copy. Try searching DVD ripping, copy DVD 1:1.

DVD Decrypter Will do the trick just fine. You’ll have to research ISO and IFO mode though, as you must use one or the other depending on DVD Size. As far as drives go, shop around yourself and see what you find that you like. I reccomend Dvd-r/w and not Dvd+r/w because of the better compatibility. Feel free to ask any more questions. We’re here to help.

There is not currently dvd to dvd burning software becuase the riaa/mpaa are batteling in court to have dvd to dvd burning software kept illegal.:frowning:

Thank you “I Yearn To Burn”.

Beyond the scope of just ripping DVD’s, I guess I should ask this questions in more depth. With professional video editing equipment its possible to compensate for CSS. Does anyone know what equipment is needed and how to accomplish this? I know what I am asking is not as simple as the cheap low end programs that take you from DVD to VCD or SVCD. If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I know the equipment won’t be cheap, but thats ok.

Peace,

SoulSearcher009

I make no warranties or any other claims for this, but I came across it and it addresses your question:

http://www.dvdxcopy.com/

Originally posted by soulsearcher009
[B]Hello Everyone,

I’m new, but hopefully I will learn fast. Is there anyway to copy a CSS protected DVD to DVD. I’m not interested in copying to VCD or SVCD. I would like to retain all the extras that true DVD format provide. I don’t care about cost or equipment. I just want the best possible way to go DVD to DVD. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

SoulSearcher009 [/B]

Thank you Rmunde,

Its as close as I could hope for at this point. I realize that many DVD’s use single sided dual layer disc that would require two DVD-r 4.7gb disc to fit completely on.

I want to know where I can purchase the single sided dual layer discs and where I can purchase the equipment to burn them on. After all, someone has to do it now right? How do they do it? I know that they are provided a glass original that is then encrypted, but the encryption can be curcumvented.

I do appreciate the link Rmunde. It looks like it might work for the time being.

Peace,

SoulSearcher009

DVD decrytpter will remove CSS protection from any and all files you rip in any mode. It also removes macrovision protection. Also, as of now, there are no burners or any technology that consumers can buy that will burn dual layer blank dvd’s. Sorry.

Buying is not the problem. Affording is the bugaboo.

Originally posted by I Yearn to Burn
DVD decrytpter will remove CSS protection from any and all files you rip in any mode. It also removes macrovision protection. Also, as of now, there are no burners or any technology that consumers can buy that will burn dual layer blank dvd’s. Sorry.

I’m quite sure the technology doesn’t even exist yet. Recently a post was made in the news section and on the boards somewhere on pioneer JUST FIGURING OUT how it can be done, but the technology is approximately 4 years away.

You mean the technology is not available for the general retail public? The technology has to be here now because its being employed now. Am I wrong, but aren’t most DVDs larger than 4.7gb burned on single sided dual layer discs?(the hollywood versions).

those are not burned , but pressed.

Unlike my shirts which are burned, but not pressed.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
those are not burned , but pressed.