"DVD to DVD" settings not showing up

I hope someone can help here. Up until recently I was running 5.0.3.0 and just found out about the dvdid.xml option. So I tried to find it in the options and couldn’t find a “DVD to DVD” menu in the settings. So I uninstalled (completely using the instructions that are in some guys signature - don’t remember who just followed a link that I found while searching in here for this problem) and downloaded the latest version of DVDfab (5.2.3.2).

Anyway, I still do now have this “DVD to DVD” menu in my general settings. I’ve tried going into it from “full disc” mode and just “main movie” mode, neither gives me an option.

I am just running the free hd decrypter version right now. Is this something that I need to upgrade to see? It didn’t seem from the documentation that I’ve read that it was necessary.

Thanks!

It is in Common Settings->DVD to DVD. Access it by clicking on the checkmark in the green circle in the top of the window. In the left hand navigation pane, click on DVD to DVD. The option you’re looking for is the only checkbox on the page. It is also explained in the tutorial, here: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

Some Guy :eek: well better then StormTrooper I guess :bigsmile:
The guides for a clean uninstall should or really only needs to be done as a last resort :smiley:

As Signals pointed out check out the tutorial it has answers to a of questions you may have later, it is also easy to follow and the layout nicely done by Signals.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2204261]Some Guy :eek: well better then StormTrooper I guess :bigsmile:
The guides for a clean uninstall should or really only needs to be done as a last resort :smiley:

[/QUOTE]

Hey, you changed your name to StormJumper, lol… sorry 'bout that. At the point I was at I wasn’t about to go through and do a search again to figure out your name.

Thanks for the guide by the way…

Anyway, no, when I click the green check mark to open up the common settings I do not have a DVD to DVD option in the left hand pane. I followed the docs and I don’t have everything in that pane that it shows in the tutorial doc.

That’s why I did the complete uninstall and upgrade to the latest version. I still don’t see it.

What I have looks exactly like the pane here:

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/Settings

but it only has the info, general and DVD (and streams submenu) menus and their contents. The DVD to DVD and DVD to mobile menus are missing. I expected the DVD to mobile menu to be missing because I’m running just the decrypter though.

If you are only using the Free DVDFab HD Decrypter then maybe that is the prolem, not sure but don’t think the other DVD to DVD settings are available in the free version because it is only a ripper…but like I said not sure cause I don’t have or can use it.because I have Platinum

That’s one of the things I was wondering. But the release notes for the decrypter indicate that the functionality is there too.

When I first heard of this and saw I didn’t have the feature, I assumed it was a platinum or gold feature. So I went online to get it, then started reading release notes. So I’m hesitant to pay a bunch of $$$ unless I know this takes care of this issue. If I know for sure all I need is to purchase platinum I’m there. I want to anyway because I want the mobile option, I’m just waiting to pull the trigger until this dvdid.xml thing gets straightened out.

That’s one of the things I was wondering. But the release notes for the decrypter indicate that the functionality is there too.

When I first heard of this and saw I didn’t have the feature, I assumed it was a platinum or gold feature. So I went online to get it, then started reading release notes. So I’m hesitant to pay a bunch of $$$ unless I know this takes care of this issue. If I know for sure all I need is to purchase platinum I’m there. I want to anyway because I want the mobile option, I’m just waiting to pull the trigger until this dvdid.xml thing gets straightened out.

[quote=zerpy69;2204584]That’s one of the things I was wondering. But the release notes for the decrypter indicate that the functionality is there too.

When I first heard of this and saw I didn’t have the feature, I assumed it was a platinum or gold feature. So I went online to get it, then started reading release notes. So I’m hesitant to pay a bunch of $$$ unless I know this takes care of this issue. If I know for sure all I need is to purchase platinum I’m there. I want to anyway because I want the mobile option, I’m just waiting to pull the trigger until this dvdid.xml thing gets straightened out.[/quote]
If you don’t plan on using the mobile feature you may just want to with the Gold :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2204593]If you don’t plan on using the mobile feature you may just want to with the Gold ;)[/QUOTE]

The mobile feature is why I want to upgrade. It worked out really slick to be able to put a movie or two on the iphone for plane rides, etc…

I’ve tried contacting the company on this issue too - haven’t heard anything yet.

dvdfab decrypter will not have dvd to dvd features.

dvdfab platinum nor dvdfab gold will have mobile options.

mobile options are separate.

platinum just gives a few more dvd to dvd modes not available with gold.

the release note are for the full featured platinum with mobile options.

[QUOTE=troy512;2204739]dvdfab decrypter will not have dvd to dvd features.

dvdfab platinum nor dvdfab gold will have mobile options.

mobile options are separate.

platinum just gives a few more dvd to dvd modes not available with gold.

the release note are for the full featured platinum with mobile options.[/QUOTE]

Well I hope that’s the case.

Well, the definitive answer is yes, you have to buy it. I went out on a limb and got it today and the options show up now. :cool: