((and the Frustration sets in))…
Ok so here’s how I get started. I used DVDFab and the DVD to DVD - Main Movie option to get the .vob files I want. Then I use DVD Shrink to merge the .vob files into one large file. Those two steps work out pretty nicely and don’t take much time at all.
My problems occur when I start the encoding process. I’ve used AutoMKV, and I’ve also tried the Windows Media Encoder. In either instance I’m experiencing problems.
The WME output file has no sound at all, but the video is fantastic. Although it does squish it, and I’m not sure why because I don’t specify an aspect ratio I usually click on the button that keeps it the same as source.
AutoMKV video looks very pixelated and choppy but I think I chose the wrong option. The sound is alright but only if I play the file on the PC.
When I stream them to the 360 the video shows up the way it does on the PC,… and again the sound doesn’t play at all. And the volume for the AutoMKV output file is so low that it’s almost muted.
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. For most of the settings I’m not changing anything,… I’m trying to keep the file as close to it’s original quality as possible. File size isn’t really an issue (I have plenty of HDD space) and if I just wanted to watch the movies on my PC I’d be done already. But, I’d really like to stream them to my 360. And it’s apparently VERY PICKY.