DVD to AVI

vbimport

I just starting trying to use the feature where I can convert my DVD’s to AVI files for easier storage on hard drive. I’m currently doing the first one and it’s taking forever (about 2 hrs). Is there something I should know/be doing to make it quicker/easier? Or, is there a better program I could use for this type of task.
Basically, I’m trying to store all my movies on an external hard drive.

If you are looking to save space on a hard drive I suggest xxxxxx

I’ve suggested DVDFab incorporates some of what this program does into DVDFab’s gui/menu but it was not well received.

Easy convert from dvd’s that you archive with dvdfab into mpg’s.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2488635]If you are looking to save space on a hard drive I suggest xxxxxx

I’ve suggested DVDFab incorporates some of what this program does into DVDFab’s gui/menu but it was not well received.

Easy convert from dvd’s that you archive with dvdfab into mpg’s.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab does convert to .AVI so there is no need to suggest using another program specially when this is the DVDFab forum :slight_smile:
Please read[B]->[/B] http://club.myce.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/

Stormjumper I didn’t really mean to start anything or get anyone in sh!t. This is the first time Ive tried to do this and wasn’t sure if I was doing it properly or if this program was really designed for it. I love Fab, have used it for years. Was simply inquiring to see if it was the norm (time wise) to convert these files. If not, I’d start looking for another program.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2488635]If you are looking to save space on a hard drive I suggest xxxxxx

Easy convert from dvd’s that you archive with dvdfab into mpg’s.[/QUOTE]

In what way something like that xxxxxx can do. So could use DVDFab as a backup software.

Or are you saying once DVDFab processed copy of vobs (mpeg-2) files for use in other softwares. This can be done whether or not DVDFab processed as vobs are mpeg-2 files.

I looked and have tried DVDFab a coupe of times. But still pursuing the goal of 1:1 or near as possible dvd backup. Where i choose what i want (DVDFab cando this). But also want to un DVDFab later to have original or like original DVD again. Have tried xxxxxxx recently but unimpressed with it’s reliabilty, although it worked.

Yes it would be a huge improvemnet if DVDFab had all opions on it’s gui. Never knew it had any others to offer. Always want more it what makes software appealing. If DVDFab had all on gui then i would look at it again and maybe use it until software i need is available. What the heck is the extra options hidden, what is the point of that !

If the options were on the gui from the start i could of been a daily user of it from first time i tried it. As was i though it was optoonless and most other softwares had more to offer. Rethink for all options on the gui is needed asap for DVDFab.

@robbi

Please read the sticky here and note the edits to your post above.

As has already been stated in this thread this sub-forum is for discussion of DVDFab products and associated software only and I’d appreciate your co-operation please.

[B]Wombler[/B]:cop:

Hey Wombler
Thanks for stepping in while I was off line :cool:

@swizzel
No one is in trouble just trying to keep things in line with the rules of this sub-forum :bigsmile:

Question still remains, is 2 hours to convert about the norm for what I’m trying to accomplish?

It’s been a while since I used DVDFab to do this, but I think it took less than a couple of hours for the conversion. Of course I think I was just converting a Main Movie rather than an entire disc.

I’m just doing main movie too. Maybe I need a faster computer. I’m gonna take it that this is about normal and drop it. It sucks though about 300 more movies to go.