DVD title folders VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS invisible

I’ve never run into this one before so I thought I would post it. I have 2 DVD-RW drives (both NEC ND3520A’s), both relatively new. I recently purchased a movie “Changeling” and am trying to make a backup. If I insert the DVD into the 1st drive nothing happens. No auto start, DVD Fab can’t find it, etc. If I look in Windows Explorer on that drive no folders are visible.

If I put that exact same DVD into drive 2 everything works as it should. I can even write (copy) to drive 1 with a blank disk.

Is drive 1 bad or a property set incorrectly? So far, this is the only DVD where I’ve run into this.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d love to hear them.

[quote=servtrkr;2222988]I’ve never run into this one before so I thought I would post it. I have 2 DVD-RW drives (both NEC ND3520A’s), both relatively new. I recently purchased a movie “Changeling” and am trying to make a backup. If I insert the DVD into the 1st drive nothing happens. No auto start, DVD Fab can’t find it, etc. If I look in Windows Explorer on that drive no folders are visible.

If I put that exact same DVD into drive 2 everything works as it should. I can even write (copy) to drive 1 with a blank disk.

Is drive 1 bad or a property set incorrectly? So far, this is the only DVD where I’ve run into this.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d love to hear them.[/quote]
If you are able to see other DVDs with this problematic drive check the firmware for it even if it new the firmware can be out dated, but if you have this problem with everything try checking the connections of the cables.

[quote=servtrkr;2222988]I’ve never run into this one before so I thought I would post it. I have 2 DVD-RW drives (both NEC ND3520A’s), both relatively new. I recently purchased a movie “Changeling” and am trying to make a backup. If I insert the DVD into the 1st drive nothing happens. No auto start, DVD Fab can’t find it, etc. If I look in Windows Explorer on that drive no folders are visible.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d love to hear them.[/quote]Same thing just happened to me. Same movie. Never happened before and I’ve backed up many movies with this setup.

-IP