DVD Sync Problems

vbimport

Hi all brand new here so be gentle,i’m not sure if i’ve posted in the right place as yet,anyway here goes,i’m trying to burn a couple of Youtube vids,i have caught them with Replay Media Catcher 4 and [trying] to burn them with Intervideo WinDVD Creator,and i use Verbatim DVD+RW Discs so far so good but when i play them in my player,half way through they go completely out of sync,and from there on in i’m lost.

PS I havent a clue about the jargen you guys use,so please bare with me:bow:

Are you using Replay Media Catcher 4 in demo mode? If not, and you have purchased the program, you can convert straight to dvd-video using that program alone.

If you are using the demo mode (which allows full captures of Youtube videos), what format are the videos in once they are on your computer? What extension do they have on the video file? Is it .flv or .avi, or something else?

You can download a free program called MediaInfo, which will show all the details of the video file that you have downloaded from Youtube. I find the Tree view within MediaInfo to be one of the better ones.

If the video format is one that is widely supported in conversion programs, I can probably recommend a better tool for converting to dvd video for you. A good free one is AVStoDVD, though DVDFlick might be better if your video is an .flv file. And a good commercial program for conversion would be ConvertXtoDVD.

This thread is probably better off in the Video Editing forum, so I’ll move it in there and leave a redirect.

Er…Hmmmmm…Extensions Eh,Best u read my Newbie Post…,;0

Only jokin a big thanks for your reply and for moving my post [blush]
I’ll get back to you with the info you req ok ,;-))

Not a problem BGM.

By the way, one of the first things to check is to make sure that the captured video plays correctly without any video/audio sync problems before conversion to dvd-video format.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2663752]Not a problem BGM.

By the way, one of the first things to check is to make sure that the captured video plays correctly without any video/audio sync problems before conversion to dvd-video format.[/QUOTE]

They both play spot on,this is just an idea,is there anyway i can post
the 2 YT Vids in this thread,and you could see for yourself what i’m trying to do,maybe you could put them on a DVD and if there in sync explain how i do it :wink:

You can provide links to the original Youtube videos. We should be able to download them ourselves.

Cheers will sort it out later…,;-))

Off topic how do i STOP emails going to my home email addy

You may be subscribed to this thread. Go to Control Panel and check there.

Does this pic help;)

I have to assume the one on the left is the captured file from Youtube. It is in flash video format—.flv. In order to make a dvd-video out of it, you need to convert to mpeg2, which is what the second file seems to be.

As I said previously, AVStoDVD and DVDFlick are two good choices for conversion of most types of video over to dvd-video format. DVDFlick uses ffmpeg for conversion. AVStoDVD can use HCenc (which I prefer most of the time). You should try them and see if they can convert without causing the audio/video sync issues.

Ok i’ve just downloaded AVStoDVD,i have’nt got a clue what i’m doing but i’ve ended up with this,do i now burn this with Intervideo WinDVD.
D’you think where getting there :confused:

Hmmmmm,think i’ve gone wrong somewhere,Audio only…,;-(

Ok, let me help a bit.

When you installed AVStoDVD you should have set it up to produce dvds that fit your region. If you are in Europe, you should be making PAL dvds. If in the US or Canada, you need NTSC format. You can check this setting in Preferences.

You can also set which encoder to use when installing now. I like HCenc.

I’ve downloaded a couple of video files from Youtube as an example. You bring them into the program by clicking on the green + sign in the main window of AVStoDVD. You should see something like this:

You’ll notice that I’m making a dvd to fit a single layer dvd (DVD5), and I’ve set an output directory and a name for the dvd.

:bow:A Big thanks when i downloaded AVStoDVD somehow it didnt
download Imgburn,Going to start again with your help :bow:
Thanks Again,:clap:

Unfortunately I got an error on one of those. I still think AVStoDVD isn’t as versatile with .flv files as some other converters might be. For avi, mp4 and mkv files, it does pretty well. If AVStoDVD completely fails, switch to DVDFlick.

So I used the Train Song alone to make a small dvd. If you have trouble converting AAC audio to AC3 using the standard Aften + Wavi, switch to ffmpeg in Preferences.

My little dvd plays perfectly well.

I’m using the Download Helper addon for Firefox to download these videos. I’m getting some options for higher quality, 720p mp4 files on some of these. I’ll try downloading a couple and converting with AVStoDVD with them.

Ha! Using ffmpeg by itself turned the AAC audio into the Chipmunks. Better to leave it set to Aften + Wavi and if it runs into an issue the program will self correct the audio. This results in a good audio output.

Hi i’ve just tried to download Imgburn :wink:

And i’ve ended up with this mystart.incredibar.com,in my tool bar how do i remove it Please

[QUOTE=BGM;2664017]Hi i’ve just tried to download Imgburn :wink:

And i’ve ended up with this mystart.incredibar.com,in my tool bar how do i remove it Please[/QUOTE]

The proper version of ImgBurn wouldn’t install that so I’m not sure what exactly you’ve done.

You should only ever download ImgBurn via the official ImgBurn download page here.

Check out this guide for details of how to remove the MyStart toolbar.

You’ll need to scroll down to the Firefox specific instructions on that page once you’ve completed the first bit.

[B]Wombler[/B]

You have to be careful of installers these days. Even such superb program as ImgBurn has added them in. Look at these instructions for removal:

http://www.im-infected.com/hijacker/mystart-by-incredibar-mystart-incredibar-com.html

There is always a way to not select the add in programs when installing ImgBurn.

Edit: The last time I installed it was the Ask toolbar. I don’t remember ever seeing Mystart.

Thanks to u both,i’ll have a go and get back to you
Cheers Baza