DVD surface problem

I have DVD’s (pressed), although they play correctly, they have a large stain on the reading surface.
It looks like a coffee stain. According to sources on the web this is due to DVD-ROT and the
stain means that corrosion has started and the DVD will become unreadable in the future.
But according to the shops were I bought the DVD’s nothing is wrong. About 1/3 of my DVD’s
has such coffee stains, they can’t be all defective. What is going on ? Please some help. If you give me your e-mail adres I can send a picture of the stain

can you post a pic?

jonasredant, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Why don’t you post a picture here in this thread instead? (There is a size limit however).

That’s not rot,I’m sure. I have loads of dvds that like that,
especially Anchor Bay,Mgms (lots), brand new releases.
I don’t think You should worry about it.

I don’t know how to post a picture. When I click insert image a scriptprompt is shown, can’t post picture.

I someone has knowledge of DVD discs give me your e-mail adress by posting it on forum or contact me on jonas10.redant@belgacom.net

You do that by using Full Reply and attach a file. Please do not link to files on your local hard disk!
If you have a newer BenQ, Lite-On, NEC, Pioneer or Samsung drive, you might be able to make Disc Quality scans with Nero CD-DVD Speed. Try it with your pressed DVDs and make screenshots and post them here! :slight_smile:

I gave you a link in my post above that explains how to attach an image to yor post. Here is the relevant portion in the post I linked to:

Attaching your scan

Simply click on the Manage Attachments button that appears below the text entry box and follow the on-screen instructions! :slight_smile:

But… what if you don’t see a “Manage Attachments” button? Where is it? If you can’t see “Manage Attachments” button, then you are probably using the “Quick Reply” text box. If this is the case, simply click on the “Go Advanced” button () to go to the regular reply mode where you should see the “Manage Attachments” button.

There is a size limit for uploading pictures. In this forum the current limit is 97.7 KB.

@jonasredant, BTW posting your email address as you did in your post above exposes you to further spam in the future, because spam robots will eventually find your email address on this page and add it to lists used by spammers.

If you want people to be able to send you email, you can just make sure the the option “Receive Email from Other Members” is ticked under Edit Options in the User CP (Control Panel). That way people can send you an email without knowing your email address.

If you want me to remove your email address from your post above, then just let me know by Private Message (or in this thread) and I’ll do it for you.

How do you store your discs ? IN their respective boxes ? jewel case ? Do you leave them directly exposed to sun light?

Best thing is to wipe the DVD clean and scan an image of it using your scanner for us to see.