DVD Stops Playing After a Few Minutes

I have a stand-alone Panasonic DVD-R connected to my DVR cable box. I record movies from the cable box onto DVD, finalize them, then play them on my computer’s dvd player. I use DVD-R discs. Some of them stop playing after a few minutes, they just freeze. These discs play ok on my other computer so it’s not the discs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Harold

@ hcour,

Unfortunately that is an incorrect assumption.

Just because a DVR-R Disk appears to view/play back correctly in a DVD playback device is not a definitive means to ensure that the particular DVR-R Disk it is in fact a quality error free burned disk and doesn’t contain any read/write Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) errors.

It should be noted that the viewing/play back problems you are describing in your above #1 posting is the classic textbook symptom caused when problematic poor quality Media is used.

Provide the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVR-R Disk you are using to record in your “stand-alone Panasonic DVD-R”. To obtain the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the DVR-R Disk you are using to record in your “stand-alone Panasonic DVD-R” use a software utility program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Regards,
bjkg