Dvd-station becomes Cd-rom station

vbimport

Hello,

I have a Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A SCSI CDROM Device.
It works great, but when i put an empty DVD+RW the station changes into a CD-ROM Station and I can not burn anything on the DVD.

I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

[QUOTE=robisrob;2122871]Hello,

I have a Optiarc DVD RW AD-5170A SCSI CDROM Device.
It works great, but when i put an empty DVD+RW the station changes into a CD-ROM Station and I can not burn anything on the DVD.

I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

What kinda media are you using? Did you make sure you burner is able to read +R media? Do you have other burning programs installed??

I use nero 7. I don’t have other burning programs on my computer.

When I look on the net for the specifications of the type of dvd-station I have, it seems that I must be able to write to DVD+RW.

Doesn’t know anybody a solution for this problem?

Hallo there,
i have too optiarc dvd rw ad-5170a and a problem similar to this one.
Using different media, pls. if you gonna tell me “You this brand instead of this…” - Don’t!

Few days ago started receiving errors
"Power Calibration error" , today cleaned the optic and now all seems to be fine but when the DVD is burned and insert it again in my DVD-Rom it looks like blank CD-R (?!)

Tried this with two different applications and with windows xp built in function - but no chance.

Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance!

With XP, My Computer list my burner as ‘DVD-RAM Drive’. When a blank DVD is inserted it changes to ‘CD Drive’. That’s normal and has nothing to do with any problems you may have.