DVD stalling towards end of read

[qanda]This thread is about the Freecom DVD RW Recorder USB-2. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi guys,

During the reading process of DVD’s in DVDFAB a lot of them stall towards the end and I can hear the DVD making strange noises inside the drive. Does anyone know what the problem would be? It doesn’t happen all the time but to a lot of them it does. I think this may be the problem I occasionally have when getting pixels/jumps towards the end of playback after copying.

I don’t think it’s much to do with the original DVD, because a lot barely have any surface damage.

The DVD drive I have is listed in this thread and I’m using DVDFAB 5 on Windows XP.

You say,

It doesn’t happen all the time but to a lot of them it does. I think this may be the problem I occasionally have when getting pixels/jumps towards the end of playback after copying.

Are you doing anything different from the ones that work properly? same media? same burn speed? Anything??..
You say,

because a lot barely have any surface damage.

Do they have surface damage or not???
I don’t use an external writer , but maybe that could be the issue/problem…

some have surface damage, some don’t. although i’ve had some problems with those without any surface damage whatsoever, so i don’t think that is the particular problem.

nope, everything i do is exactly the same with each disc…