DVD Srhink 3.2 works into Nero Burn process and Fails at last step

Hi,

I stumbled on this forum hoping and noticed some people on here who know what they are talking about with DVD burning issues. I can see there are some smart folks on here.

I used DVD shrink 3.2 and the process works fine until the very end (which is at that point using the Nero Burning program) and I get this error message:

"#36 TRANSFER -24 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
Could not perform end of Disc-at-once

#37 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/s)"

So it is being writen to my harddrive correctly, and it seems to be burning the entire DVD but then not “finalizing” it at then end.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Is it easier to just reinstall my burning software?

Thanks,
Michael
Austin, Texas

I use ‘Output to ISO’ option of Shrink then use ImgBurn to burn. There is also a patched version of Shrink that will call ImgBurn, if you prefer.

Welcome to CD Freaks, [B]austinphisher[/B] :slight_smile:

Could you please post the whole of the Nero log file (removing the serial number first), and also tell us what brand of recordable DVDs you are using.

Thanks for having me here on CD Freaks, [B]imkidd57[/B]

I will have to reburn to get the entire log, but I will post it as soon as I do. I can’t do it now b/c I am at work.

As far as the brand of the DVD goes, it is a no name brand. I am going to go get some higher quality DVDs and try again. Any suggestions? (I will look around on here to find out suggestions for high quality DVR discs).

Thanks

Hi austinphisher,
Hard to go wrong with Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden. (The verbs should be easy to find, both at retail stores and online…the TY’s pretty much just online).

Yes, often the burn process will fail towards the end and it could be your discs.

We pretty much recommend Verbatim as the most reliable brand of good quality discs that are readily available at the moment. Whether these need to be +R or -R depends on your burner, but unless it is quite a few years old, then either format should be OK.

Edit: Ah and there’s maineman to give you the expert confirmation :flower: