DVD Split Size restriction

vbimport

Dear All,

I’m getting an annoying restriction with DVDFab Gold.

Here’s the problem. I have a 6.4 gig movie file that I want to split in two, but not evenly… I want to keep 4.5-4.6 gig of the first half, and leave only 1.9-1.8 gig for the second half, to add to another disc with other video. However, the program seems to limit the extent of where I can make the split: of chapters 1-42, the slider will only let me make a split as low as chapter 9 or as high as chapter 31… I need to put the split in about chapter 34, and it won’t let me edit the chapter number manually.

Is there a registry setting that can be changed to overcome this limitation? Or is this something the coders would have to fix in an update or something?

Cheers,

Ozzie

As the capacity of a DVD-R is 4.37 GB, you can not keep 4.5 GB on one disk. I guess the first 31 chapter is the nearest to the limit from under.

Perhaps, but many DVD-Rs, particularly the TY discs, overburn quite well. Besides, the cut-off for the last chapter size is 4.1 gig… I’m sure the next chapter would keep it within limits of 4.3 gig. I just want to know if that program will allow me to change that.

You will probably need a program like DVD Remake Pro or DVD Rebuilder to split that way.

Mack