DVD Software Compat. with dru500a

I just purchased a sony dru 500a. Well the fun stopped as soon

as i tried to use it . I managed to get a VIDEO_TS and a

AUDIO_TS folder using infoedit. My problem is i cant software to

burn it with pls help!.

I tried prassi primo 2.0 doesnt recognise the sony.

I tried Record Now max ver 4.5 There is no option to burn a dvd.

Am i doing something wrong here or do i have the wrong

programs?

I’m no expert as witnessed by my many posts,but if you look in
Record Now,it has an option to burn images from your PC. Look around in the program,and try to find it. Once you find it,import the VIDEO_TS folder into the field,and burn baby,burn,but don’t
use Nero,the discs it creates don’t play in everything. Good Luck…

I have the same drive and have successfully burned DVD+Rs and +RWs with Roxio 5 Platinum, DVDXCopy and Pinnacle Studio. I’ve also burned CDRs on it with Roxio and Nero. I haven’t messed with RecordNow since it seems to have fewer features than the sw I already own.

Originally posted by bboy
[B]I just purchased a sony dru 500a. Well the fun stopped as soon

as i tried to use it . I managed to get a VIDEO_TS and a

AUDIO_TS folder using infoedit. My problem is i cant software to

burn it with pls help!.

[/B]

It was what I needed,I used Nero,and got nothing but failed,unplayable DVD’s.
Try it ,it works…

My last post was based on what i knew at the time. Not to contradict myself,but I found a way in Nero that may help some of the people ,myself included,who got bad unplayable discs using it. Please
read the thread Alternate way of using Nero in this part of the forum. It may help
you. it was taken from the VCDHELP website,who i consider to be experts on the subject.

I do the same thing with Roxio Platinum 5 when I burn DVD+Rs.

Follow the instructions to upgrade to record max 4.6 dx included with the drive.

With this software you will have greater control over what you want to burn.

I burned a data DVD-rw with Nero version 5.10.xx using my toshiba laptop dvd-rw drive. Now i cant read that darn thing with sony dru500a on my desktop. It shows as a *.cda file with 1.99 GB of data (that is how much i burned on the disk). I just click on the cda file and windows media player tries to play that file. My laptop drive shows the correct data.
I have successfully used dvd xcopy 1.41 to back up one of my personal dvds with the sony dru500a . The only problem is my dvd player shows a lot of pixelation which is due to my dvd player. I played the same dvd on the sony drive and the backup dvd plays well without any pixelation but it cant read burned from toshiba dvd-rw drive. I have upgraded the sony drive already with firmware g. Anyone Help HELP

TuTu-

I just bought the Sony drive myself and I’m really disappointed in it. I bought it because of it’s capability to use both types of media.

I upgraded it’s firmware to 1.0G with no visible effect.

I already had an I/O Magic external which is faster than the Sony.

The Sony doesn’t want to record or rip at faster than 2X speed.

I have had no problem with compatability however. I burn using Nero Express 5.5.10(latest version).

If using Nero Express, make sure you burn a DVD Video, not a data disc.

Good Luck!

it was a data dvd not a video dvd so i cant use a nero express to burn a video dvd. Can you tell me how it is possible to burn just a video dvd instead of a data dvd for data ?

TuTu-

It shouldn’t matter whether the media is a data DVD. The software must know it’s burning a DVD Movie instead of just stacking files on a disk.

On Nero Express, make sure you select DVD Video when you start your project.

Good Luck!

I try this method (dvd-video) but the dvd don’t read in my dvd-rom and the same whit dvd in my PC.

I have another problem in the final of recording in nero the DVD just keep “recording” but the dvd-recorder have the light turn off and the nero just keeping recording, recording, recording by other words I can’t finalize the process I have to shut down the PC and restart again, so the dvd don’t read in any dvd rom maybe I have some trouble whit any software???

somebody help me please

dogdivine-

Will your files on your hard drive play properly with your software player?

How were your files generated? Are they from DVD2One?

If so, were they modified by IFOEdit or some other program?

I’ve used Nero Express for some time now on three different machines with two different burners and it has always worked perfectly with no destop player compatibility issues.

Good Luck!

thanks Den . Now can you explain it to me why my laptop toshiba dvd-rw drive reads the same disc i burned properly without any problems and the sony dvd-rw cannot. Do I have to burn the whole disc again as a dvd video now in my toshiba so i can read that disc in sony dvd-rw?

thanks Den . Now can you explain it to me why my laptop toshiba dvd-rw drive reads the same disc i burned properly without any problems and the sony dvd-rw cannot. Do I have to burn the whole disc again as a dvd video now in my toshiba so i can read that disc in sony dvd-rw?

In short, yes!

A software player will not behave the same as a desktop unit. I use PowerDVD and it’ll play just about anything!

Good Luck!

DenFussell

ya I use DVDdecrypter and DVD2One the I correct the VTS sector whit IFOEdit and use Nero 5.5.10.7b to burn but know I have that problem the Burn never ends sometimes when ends the Nero give a message failer to burn dvdv bla bla bla the others leading out … and so on… never ends so I need to shut down the PC and… one more to trash… I try DVD iso DVD video UDF and UDF/ISO it’s the same I reeinstall every thing last night and the same error mensage in the end unsucesseful bla bla bla but some time I can’t read this DVD but the message is still there, I think I have some software problem ??? If you have any idea tell me OK?
tks:D

i have a really weird problem i burned a lot of dvds whit dvd x copy express using my drive (PHILIPS DVD+RW SDVD6004)but when i try to read them my computer doesn’t recognise them and i tried them in other drives and dvd players and they have worked perfectly so what is the problem he driver, the drive or the drive settings?

try to use last Nero version 6.0.0.19 and burn yours dvds in dvd-video option in Nero, for ripping use dvd decrypter if you need “compress” dvd to fit in one dvd 4.7gb use dvd2one.

good luck