DVD Skips

The first disc was burnt with nero and the second one with DVD Decrypter.
The quality wouldn’t have to do with the program used? Doesn’t it vary from discs to discs. These discs were bought as a 50pack dvd-r. just wondering why is the pif total so much compared to the first one?

Yeah and one thing, all my dvds i burnt skip occansionly in my dvd player (standalone) but not in my dvd-rom. Someone said it could be my dvd player and i should try dvd+r but i remember borrowing dvd-r backup movies off my friend and they played fine, any theories?

sorry. this is the one burnt with nero. http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=102814

Probably just the disc. The next one could be the reverse again.

Yeah and one thing, all my dvds i burnt skip occansionly in my dvd player (standalone) but not in my dvd-rom. Someone said it could be my dvd player and i should try dvd+r but i remember borrowing dvd-r backup movies off my friend and they played fine, any theories?

Different discs have different contrasts. Unless the discs you borrowed were from the same brand and batch as your, you cannot make a comparison.

The 2 scans look identical here. Nero burns should be a little worse than DVD decryptor but yours hows them to be better. My DVD reader can read CDR’s that gets errors on my 52x CD writer which is like 2 months old. The Cd’s have some dust on them thats all… Cleaning them and putting them back might fix the problem… Or they just do not like written disks… Skipping problems are usually caused by the laser not being able to read the media properly. Changing the media usually works. Either get a new player or get new media. I dont think changing the way you burn the same disks will work. (unless murphy is involved).