Dvd skipping chopping and completley freezes

vbimport

well me and my friend are new to this so we just burnt a few dvd’s…don’t remember what i did but my liteon 811 burns my memorex 4x at 8x ( i didn’t use the easy to use speedhack ) and my friend has a liteon 851 and we used my memorex 4x and burned it on his drive at 4x… after trying my copy in his pc ( ships choppy freezes) we went to his ps2 didn’t work ( can bisetting fix that?) then we went to his dvd player and it worked longer than in the pc but still froze and died he called and said he tried it on his aunt’s and it died too… we have not tried burning the same movie on his drive with his fujifilm dvd+r but do you think thats the reason? i beleive for some reason its the percentage that dvd shrink compresses everything at… could i be wrong? is it just 4 picky dvd players?

can bisetting fix that?

Only on DVD+. But bitsetting can’t fix reading errors for you. It just makes the disc a little more compatible. (It actually fools the player)

then we went to his dvd player and it worked longer than in the pc but still froze and died he called and said he tried it on his aunt’s and it died too
Sounds more like the writing process went horribly wrong. Did you verify the disc after writing ?

we have not tried burning the same movie on his drive with his fujifilm dvd+r but do you think thats the reason? i beleive for some reason its the percentage that dvd shrink compresses everything at

DVDShrink just compressed the files even more. They’re already mpeg. ( Well most of them). I doubt dvd shrink can be the cause of this.

is it just 4 picky dvd players?

4 players are a bit much picky players. Could you try other media brands to write on ?

sure can when we get some cahs :stuck_out_tongue: lol for now all i have is memorex and he just has some fujifilm left… do you recomend any? i thought memorex was good a good brand… and mine are +r incase i forgot to mention also the dvd’s do have labels on them i read somewhere that might b the cause of it but i doubt it. as for the verify process it burns with nero directly after dvd shrink encodes it so i just hit back up leave and when i come back the dvd is already burnt … should i burn it with nero manually? like putting in the files and making sure it verifies it?

Originally posted by dd83
sure can when we get some cahs :stuck_out_tongue: lol for now all i have is memorex and he just has some fujifilm left… do you recomend any? i thought memorex was good a good brand… and mine are +r incase i forgot to mention also the dvd’s do have labels on them i read somewhere that might b the cause of it but i doubt it. as for the verify process it burns with nero directly after dvd shrink encodes it so i just hit back up leave and when i come back the dvd is already burnt … should i burn it with nero manually? like putting in the files and making sure it verifies it?

Can i suggest some grammar lessons first ? It took me a few re-readings to understand your post.

It could never hurt to check the writing process with verification of course. Try writing manually once in a while.