DVD Shrinker + DVD Decrypter

Right, i bought a box set of dvds and i wanted to back them up. In the box set i backed up 6 / 7 disks of the box set but the 7th disk just wont work.
I keep getting this error at about 89% of encoding.

Anyone had the same problem and found out how to fix it??

Using :

Dvd Decrypter 3.5.4.0
DVD Shrink 3.2

I’m kind of new to this, it might be something really easy but, i just dont know :smiley:

any help would be appreciated . .

[quote=Rexy69;1937675]Right, i bought a box set of dvds and i wanted to back them up. In the box set i backed up 6 / 7 disks of the box set but the 7th disk just wont work.
I keep getting this error at about 89% of encoding.

Anyone had the same problem and found out how to fix it??

Using :

Dvd Decrypter 3.5.4.0
DVD Shrink 3.2

I’m kind of new to this, it might be something really easy but, i just dont know :smiley:

any help would be appreciated . .[/quote]
You have to use different software with the newer discs, both the programs you mentioned are not being developed anymore. Try DVD Fab Platnnium or CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD from Slysoft. The newer movies have newer protections that those old programs cannot handle.

On the other hand, it may simply be a bad pressing. It is worth trying another ripping application like DVD Fab Decyrpter HD (the free version):
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-1-2-out-231957/ :
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

or RI4M as an alternative.

While possible, it is unlikely that 6 discs would work, and the 7th would have additional protection that is beyond RI4M or DVD Decrypter.

You may also try a much slower ripping speed, like 4x, and/or clean the problematic disc w/ IPA (rubbing alcohol) and a very soft (flannel) cloth.

Best Regards

I think jeff1948 might be right, I have had many boxed sets where there was 1 disc that was pressed bad, and would not backup. This is probably the most likely scenario.

Thanks guys. ill try all these things… hope it works :smiley:

kk i tried using the fab decrypter and it decrypted, but what software do i use to burn the video_TS folder with all the files in ??

DVD Shrink couldnt read it, anyone know what to do??

help would be appreciated