Dvd shrink

vbimport

hey guys i have a questoin i been using dvd shrink for a while and noticed that my memory has gone down from 76 to 66 percent with in a few days i do have a 2 terabyte external hardrive were the movies are being stored but i noticed that my laptop memory is going down from using dvd shrink i cleared the analysts from it but doesnt raise the memory back up any ideas y its bringing it down so much thanks:a

[QUOTE=mfcordova2008;2521463]hey guys i have a questoin i been using dvd shrink for a while and noticed that my memory has gone down from 76 to 66 percent with in a few days i do have a 2 terabyte external hardrive were the movies are being stored but i noticed that my laptop memory is going down from using dvd shrink i cleared the analysts from it but doesnt raise the memory back up any ideas y its bringing it down so much thanks:a[/QUOTE]

Let’s be clear are you talking Hard drive space or computer memory? Have you looked for temp folder with files taking up space? Hard drive space isn’t the same as Memory. Those are two very different terminology altogether and should be used in the same line.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If I understood correctly, you noticed a reduction of the free space in your laptop HDD after using DVD Shrink, right? Or maybe you are referring to RAM memory?

If you are referring to the laptop HDD, then the most probable cause is that DVD Shrink creates some temporary files after analyzing the discs.

These files are located differently according to the operative system you are using.

On Windows XP these files are located in C:\Documents and Settings\All USers\Application Data\DVD Shrink.

On Windows Seven, these are located in C:\ProgramData\DVD Shrink

If you used DVD Shrink on a very large number of DVDs, this folder can contain a lot of data, and this explain why the HDD is filling so quickly :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2521529]Let’s be clear are you talking Hard drive space or computer memory? Have you looked for temp folder with files taking up space? Hard drive space isn’t the same as Memory. Those are two very different terminology altogether and should be used in the same line.[/QUOTE]

i would believe im talking about memory c drive i look at my defrag and it says its now at 62 percent last night it was at 66 and all the movies are being put on my external harddrive… ive cleared out temp but i dont know wat else it could be im using xp