Dvd shrink

hi,

i was wondering is there a new version of dvd shrink out , i have 3.2.0.15
there has been no newer one i can find for a few years now , i know there was a legal issue about the app , but has there been a new one released under a new name that can do the same ripping and functions as the dvd shrink above that i have .

thanks

you my dear have the latest version of DVD shrink
http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

S_S is right. Development for Shrink stopped several years ago. The author reportedly went to work for Nero and helped them with Nero Recode.

A possible replacement as an all in one program is DVDFab Platinum. It has more features than Shrink, but is not free. There is a trial you can download and test to see if it fits your needs. DVDFab is still being updated and will be able to break encryption on newer dvds, which Shrink can no longer do.

I think you are just as well off using the free decryption program called DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip to the hard drive, then use Shrink on the files. As a transcoder, reducing the size of the dvd, Shrink is still a good program.

Here is the link for DVDFab HD Decrypter, if you don’t already have it.
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Totally agree. :iagree:

This is really all you will need for a no cost solution.

Use DvDFaB HD Decrypter to create the Iso to the HD first.
Use DvD Shrink if needed. Save output as an Iso.
Use Imgburn to burn your Iso.

:cool::cool:

ok , thanks a lot for all the info , i will check out the dvd fab , i had this years ago , but deleted it , hopefully now it is more usefull .

this is a very good forum .with some nice people here ,

thanks all.

hya all ,

since i instaled dvd fab platinum my pc takes about 30 seconds to shut down , it used to take 10 seconds , I did a system restore to b4 i installed the app, but it is still taking long to shut down , so i did a system restore to 2 days b4 i installed the app ,and it still takes too long to shut down , prior to installing te dvdfab it was shutting down perfectly in 10 seconds . does anyone know why this is , i have P4 xp pro core 2 duo .i think itcould be the patin coffin thingy , but not to sure . none the less by uninstalling the app and doing a system restore the problem is still there .

I never checked but perhaps the utility is starting with a number of others at startup. Have you u checked your config files to see if the software is running with windows startup? Personally if you have been clocking startup and shutdown of pc, I know you have a registry and windows utility keeping your machine in top form. STEVE

pcouffin is a driver for the vso burning engine. it will not run unless called upon by dvdfab gold/platinum. http://www.vso-software.fr/

troy

[QUOTE=STEVE777411;1944333]I never checked but perhaps the utility is starting with a number of others at startup. Have you u checked your config files to see if the software is running with windows startup? Personally if you have been clocking startup and shutdown of pc, I know you have a registry and windows utility keeping your machine in top form. STEVE[/QUOTE]

hi ,

start up of windows is the same as always ,it starts up with no problems , its just when it shuts down it take forever , and i donr see anythinf in task manager runng that shouldent be there .

where do i find this - YOU ASKED THIS – Have you u checked your config files to see if the software is running with windows startup?

if your talking about start/program/startup , there is nothing in there .

its just annoying and only started when dvdfab platinum was installed .

is there a way to check what things are running that shouldnt be when i shut down ?

thanks

and thanks troy

Microsoft Sysinternals Utilities, specifically Autorun, Process Monitor and Process Explorer should show you what is running on your computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

I’d start with Process Explorer.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;1945131]Microsoft Sysinternals Utilities, specifically Autorun, Process Monitor and Process Explorer should show you what is running on your computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

I’d start with Process Explorer.[/QUOTE]

thanks , is it easy to use and uninstall if it doesnt end up helping me .?

and is there a log type of file which i can post here if i dont understand all that info it gives me .?

Sorry for delay . Try start go to run then type MSCONFIG go to right folder disable all startup menu. and let us know how many youve had , it might suprise ya.

ps after rereading post …the slow shutdown may be due to the number of explorer site files in your cache . But as an old computer fella I hate anything but windows starting it does slow it down.STEVE

[QUOTE=STEVE777411;1945792]Sorry for delay . Try start go to run then type MSCONFIG go to right folder disable all startup menu. and let us know how many youve had , it might suprise ya.[/QUOTE]

iwent to MSCONFIG and the menu box poped up , and in the services tab there about 56 running and in the start up tab theres about 19 items there , is this where you wanted me to go to ?

and what will happen if i disable them , will my pc shut down or do something as a result of disabling them .

or do i just click disable but dont apply the changes .?

i dont want to do something i cant fix if it goes wrong . i know a little but not a lot .

[QUOTE=STEVE777411;1945793]ps after rereading post …the slow shutdown may be due to the number of explorer site files in your cache . But as an old computer fella I hate anything but windows starting it does slow it down.STEVE[/QUOTE]

where can i locate this cache , and is it recomendable to delete some of the files in there or what .?

thanks

I am really curious to know what you have all running on you computer.

On the right of your task bar you have tasks that are running in the background. You should have maybe a total of three icons in that corner.

1] A virus program
2] A software firewall ( If you are not running a hard firewall )
3] A chat program ( if you use one of these )

Or

Start/all programs/Startup

Anything else there is wasting your resources and is not needed.

What are these 19 items?

56 processes way too high.

Sorry for delay again working to hard lately. Ha … but platinum is right he knows what hes talking about. I dont allow any but thats just choice (unless) …STEVE… and yes as your explorer cache or (explore files saved on computer) gets larger and larger it will also degrade your computer preformance…

[QUOTE=platinumsword;1946321]I am really curious to know what you have all running on you computer.

On the right of your task bar you have tasks that are running in the background. You should have maybe a total of three icons in that corner.

1] A virus program
2] A software firewall ( If you are not running a hard firewall )
3] A chat program ( if you use one of these )

Or

Start/all programs/Startup

Anything else there is wasting your resources and is not needed.

What are these 19 items?

56 processes way too high.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

the 19 items were in that MSCONFIG place you asked me to goto under the startup tab .there were things there simalar to whats in task manager .

in the system config utility under the services tab that was where there 56 things listed .

in my task bar i only have virus icon , audio icon and internet connection icon and logitech mouse callabration icon …

in task manager i have about 32 items all of wich are normal things that the pc neeeds to run . there are no suspicious programs running in task manager .

check your start/ run /MSCONFIG . to see what i am talkin about , then select the services tab , thats where the 56 items were , see if u have simarler amount.

and if i select start / programs / then in the startup all that is there is my mouse callbration which is ok .

Actually is was STEVE777411 that asked.

I miss read into what your were saying.

When you go CTRL-ALT-DEL and your task manger is telling that you have 32 processes running in the background. This is okay. I have 26

When you look at you services there should about 80 + items listed there, not all of them have been started. They will be in one of three categories.

1] Manual
2] Automatic
3] Disabled

This would be a better way to look at it.

Start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services.

Something for you to look at - http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1759&page=1

Have you scanned you system for spyware?
Have you scanned for viruses?
When was the last time you did a defrag?

[QUOTE=platinumsword;1947116]Actually is was STEVE777411 that asked.

I miss read into what your were saying.

When you go CTRL-ALT-DEL and your task manger is telling that you have 32 processes running in the background. This is okay. I have 26

When you look at you services there should about 80 + items listed there, not all of them have been started. They will be in one of three categories.

1] Manual
2] Automatic
3] Disabled

This would be a better way to look at it.

Start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services.

Something for you to look at - http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1759&page=1

Have you scanned you system for spyware?
Have you scanned for viruses?
When was the last time you did a defrag?

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

yes i have scanned for spyware /viruses my pc is always clean of them . i defragged 3 times to keep things going smooth , did it about a week ago .

and in services there is about 80- 90 running , all look ok and there isnt any dodgy things in there . all look like operating system items .

it only started when dvdfab platinum was installed , and i uninstalled it did system restores to 2 or 3 prior to when is was installed , and still it takes a longtime to shut down .

i have just gone into the administrative tools / event viewer , and there seems to be a warning ,and looks like its everytime i go to shut down the pc . here is what it says -:

Event Viewer
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1517
Date: 6/12/2007
Time: 1:33:49 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MOONWALKER
Description:
Windows saved user MOONWALKER\Dean registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log

off. The memory used by the user’s registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer

in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the

LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.