DVD Shrink usage

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to use my DVD shrink for the last couple weeks, and I’m confused whether or not I can use any of the DVD iso files I have on my hard drive, or if I have to use DVD Shrink from a native source or media in order to compress a movie? Also, what is the suggested burning program after shrinking the movie down to fit on a DVD-R, I have Nero, IMGburn, but could download something else if it’s better.

THANKS! :smiley:

i belive you can use the iso files you have, open shrink, drop and drag the iso into the proggy and see what happens… Imgburn is an excellent burning app, IMO, no need to go elsewhere.

dual layer dvd:

Have you looked at these guides?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f72/

The way I use to get ISO files into Shrink is to hit Control I, which opens a window that lets you browse for image files on the hard drive.

Thanks A LOT bumm, jeff, and kerry! Really helpful… I’m going to give it a shot right now and see if I can get it to work. This way, I can use the million DVD-R’s I have left to burn some movies to before I tap in the Verbatim majesty, haha! (I don’t have a big TV, do I won’t be able to tell the compression difference, so might as well use DVD SHrink to get them onto my DVD-R’s!) :wink:

Added later:

Just started the deep analysis process, almost done. Once I backup the file, I’m going to use IMGburn to get the file onto my DVD-R, I’ll keep everyone updated, but thanks again for the help! I was able to get my compressiong VERY low by reading the tutorial by future proof, and eliminating extras, surround sound features, languages, etc!!! :slight_smile:

PS: I de-selected extras, but in the ‘deep analysis’ I saw the extras still on the screen, did I do something wrong or is this normal?

Worked like a charm! THANKS for the help… what a great program. I couldn’t even tell the difference in quality, but my tv is only 30 inches, so that might have something to do with it. :wink:

i am trying to burn a ts folder,hoow should i convert it in order to be able to burn it to a dvd-r

How big is this VIDEO_TS Folder. Here is one option for Movie Only plus 5.1 English Audio. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read post #78 & ask any questions here. You will have to scroll down a few pics to Dvd Shrink.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

doss1944
If you have a Video_TS folder with all the necessary ifo, bup and vob files in it you can burn to disk as dvd-video in Nero or use ImgBurn in Build mode. It will have to be small enough to fit onto the dvd disk of course. This thread is about DVDShrink, which can reduce a dvd to fit onto a regular, single layer dvd.

Here is a guide for burning dvd video files to a single layer disk using the free burning program, ImgBurn: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

DVD shrink has been AMAZING! Thanks for the tip! Does anyone know of any programs that is a freeware that is similar to CD-Clone? I like the easy rip-to-ISO feature for data, cd, and other formats. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi:D

I’ve been using DVD Shrink for a few weeks now and love it… however, sometimes my dvd-burned will fail the write process, and I’ll be directed back to DVD Shrink’s home page with my DVD info. Since I already have all the files saved to my local hard drive, [B][I]how can I try to re-burn to a new DVD without going through the entire analysing process again!?[/I][/B]

Thanks a million, also, anyone have any hints on the above post about CD Clone programs that are similar?

what type and brand of media are you using? how are you saving the the output (shrunk) file from dvdshrink? what program are you using to burn?

1. Phillips 16x DVD-R
  2. I am saving the output file as a default setting in DVD Shrink
  3. I am using DVD Shrink to burn, using the one-touch button “Backup” which analyses and then burns.

My only thought is that I am using an enxternal LG DVD burner that is USB 2.0 that’s a couple years old, and maybe the 16X setting might be too fast for the burner and or DVD media? I haven’t adjusted anything on the program or the burner at all, that’s why I’m confused. As soon as the burning lead-in began, it failed and I got a coaster. :frowning:

I believe you could be right, i never burn higher than 8x no matter what the media, but thats just me…might want to try some TY or verbatim media as well.
I personally save the files as .ISO to my HDD and burn them at my convenience with Imgburn…its an updated burning program that works great and its free.
You can also set up Imgburn with Dvdshrink to do one-touch as well!

[quote=beachbumm;2185411]I believe you could be right, i never burn higher than 8x no matter what the media, but thats just me…might want to try some TY or verbatim media as well.
I personally save the files as .ISO to my HDD and burn them at my convenience with Imgburn…its an updated burning program that works great and its free.
You can also set up Imgburn with Dvdshrink to do one-touch as well![/quote]

Thanks a lot, I have been using IMGburn for a few months now, and never had any idea I could use it in conjunction with DVD Shrink. So, instead of saving all those misc files to the temp folder on my HDD from DVD Shrink before burning, there is a way I can use DVD Shrink to save as an ISO file, and have DVD Shrink use IMGburn all with one click… or 2 steps, first ISO then open IMG burn?

[B]Also, how can I use DVDshrink to save as an ISO, I never knew I had that choice. I would shrink all of my DVD’s on my HDD if I knew that! THANKS[/B]!:cool:

There is a version of DVDShrink that can use ImgBurn automatically. You can find it through this post at afterdawn: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664041 Read the first entry for instructions on how to use this.

To save as an ISO you change the settings once you hit Backup. You’ll find options to save as files or an ISO or burn with Nero or DVDDecrypter. The new executable file mentioned above replaces DVDDecrypter with ImgBurn I believe.

Something like this.

This is good guide also- http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=59242

sure thing dual layer dvd… the above guides posted by other members should show you all you need to set it all up…if you have any other questions, just shout…happy burning!!!

Wow, awesome it works!!! Thanks for the rapidshare link.