DVD Shrink reports out of memory error

I am putting home movies to a DVD. Some clips are lengthy (45 minutes). I try to shrink these clips using DVD Shrink.

When I run DVD Shrink on vob files that are larger than 1GB I receive this error:

DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue this operation.

out of memory

The reason is: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

I checked this on two computers, both with lots of free disk space and clean memory (after reboot).

When the files are less than 1Gb there is no error.

I checked DVD Shrink 1.03, 2.0-2.3 – all have the same behavior.

Has anyone come across this problem and know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

that the files were created using Roxio 6 DVD Builder.

I don’t have problems using DVD shrink on other sourced-files that are over 1Gb in size

I think the problem is in dvd shrink, but don’t know why yet.

Roxio produces exactly 1Gb vob files when the movielength exceeds 1Gb file length. The file is exactly: 1048576 kB long.

Sonic produces 1Gb - 32kb vob files when it partitions the movie into multiple vob files: here the file is exactly: 1048544 kB long.

DVD Shrink has no problems with the Sonic files, but seems to go into an open loop (VM memory allocate error) with the Roxio files.

I don’t understand, 1Gb = 1048576 kB.

Where is the mistake?

Hi

I was in the process of backing up a dvd movie using DVD Shrink and got an out of memory error. Can someone help.
Thanks

[quote=Henry Verheyen;434207]that the files were created using Roxio 6 DVD Builder.

I don’t have problems using DVD shrink on other sourced-files that are over 1Gb in size[/quote]
Did you search this problem? There are many entries for it. Shrink is an old program, it has not been updated for years. You need to use a decrypter like AnyDVD running in the background. Go to our AnyDVD Forum and you can try the 21 day free trial, if you like it you have to buy it. The prices will go up after DEc 31st.:iagree: