DVD Shrink question for Win98 users

vbimport

Newbie question.

I’ve been using and enjoying DVD Shrink to rip and shrink, and then I burn with Nero. It works fine, but I want to try ripping using DVDDecrypter because DVDDecrypter offers some additional features (such as removal of RCE).

However I am on Win98 (which can’t save files larger than 4MB), so I will need to rip the disc in DVDDecrypter’s 'File" mode (Win98 can’t support the large file size that would be needed to make an Image - which I gather is one honking huge file). So with that understanding I would be ripping all the files to a new folder, let’s call it “DVDTEMP” folder for example. Inside would be the dozen or so files that most typical DVDs have.

My question about DVD Shrink is whether DVD Shrink will be able to “open” the folder of ripped files in the same way that it would open a physical DVD, so that I can shrink them? That is what I am hoping.

I ask because all the guides I have found which describe DVD Shrink only speak to DVD Shrink’s ability to open a disc image, which is great for people with Win2000 and up, but there’s no mention of whether DVD Shrink can open a folder with the individual multitude of files and treat that as if it were a disc.

(I know, I could just try it, but I am on a really slow computer so I thought I’d ask first!).

Thanks to anyone with Win98 who can answer this!

Yes it does you just simply click on open files.

Originally posted by willb3d

I ask because all the guides I have found which describe DVD Shrink only speak to DVD Shrink’s ability to open a disc image, which is great for people with Win2000 and up, but there’s no mention of whether DVD Shrink can open a folder with the individual multitude of files and treat that as if it were a disc.

well page 2 of my dvdshrink flash guide specifically mentions about ‘Open Files’ and what it’s used for.