DVD Shrink problems

vbimport

My problem is this…I want to back up the American Graffiti DVD so I am using DVD shrink. It goes through the entire process, from ripping to burning without problem. The disk that is burned is useless though because it will not play properly in my DVD player. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?:slight_smile:

Can you play the burned disc on your computer?

What type of disks did you use? Will it play at all in your stand alone player, or are you getting skips or pixellation?

What did you use to burn the disk? Burner make and model, and burning program? Shrink can be set up to automatically burn with Nero, DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn depending on which version of Shrink you are using.

It can also burn with CopyToDVD.

Can you post a burn log?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2050831]What type of disks did you use? Will it play at all in your stand alone player, or are you getting skips or pixellation?

What did you use to burn the disk? Burner make and model, and burning program? Shrink can be set up to automatically burn with Nero, DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn depending on which version of Shrink you are using.[/QUOTE]

The disk I am using to burn to is a Philips DVD-R 1~26X speed. The burning is handled by DVD Shrink as it occurs automatically at the end of the ripping process. The burned disk is not even seen by my stand alone DVD player.

[QUOTE=woolverine;2050873]The disk I am using to burn to is a [B]Philips DVD-R[/B] 1~26X speed. [B]The burning is handled by DVD Shrink as it occurs automatically at the end of the ripping process[/B]. The burned disk is not even seen by my stand alone DVD player.[/QUOTE]

1. Some players dont like some media. Try a different brand of disc. Id recommend Verbatim. You might even want to try a +R and see if it makes any difference to you player.
    2.DVD Shrink does not burn by itself!
    As Kerry56 says above, Shrink can be set up to automaticaaly go to Nero or DvdDecrypter. There is also a special Shrink version that will go auto to Imgburn.
    All these burners have some type of log.
    You should figure out what burner software you have,
    and then copy and post a log here if you want us to be better able to help you.

I am using Nero 8 as my burning program. What I will try is to use another brand of DVD and see if that makes a difference. I will also post the burning log.

Use only Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. ImgBurn is better and 100% cheaper than Ner0.

Regards

Blu never liked Nero.
Personally, Nero came free with my burner,
so, I use it all the time without problem.
So go with whatever you are comfortable with.

Agree with the Verbatim and TY media advise.