DVD SHRINK PROBLEM: "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

vbimport

Hello everyone,
trying DVDShrink for the first time, read the guide for it here, but when trying to make a harddrive backup i get the following message:
"DVDShrink encountered an error and cannot continue
Failed to read file "D:\"
Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

I'm trying to copy from a Princo 4X disc. And tried changing a few of the options wich aren't that much, so not know what to do next.

Currently my NEC 3500A is flashed with Liggy's

Thx for your help.

P.S I do have NERO 6 so perhaps can try with that, but don't know where to start, THOUGHT that Shrink was the best program to do that.

Thx :bow:

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
This means the data is corrupt, either from a scratch or some sort of degradation. Theres not much that can be done.

P.S I do have NERO 6 so perhaps can try with that, but don’t know where to start, THOUGHT that Shrink was the best program to do that.

If your just doing a straight copy with no copy protection from one DVD to another, try Nero. Shrink is only necessary for compressing DVD9 to DVD5.

Try copying DVD to HDD with AnyDVD. Find out what file it isn’t copying and copy files before and after that file into a folder and see if you can re-author or even do a full backup of that folder with DVD Shrink.

I had one file that wouldn’t copy on a backup I was doing and this worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Jason

every day i write the book…
try dvd decrypter. options you want are …

I’m trying to copy from a Princo 4X disc.
Princo…Here today(maybe), gone tomorrow!
Data on a princo is like those disc that once the air hits them the data starts to become unreadable within a few hours to a few days. :frowning:

If you have a friend that has a Benq burner or a aopen DVD-ROM let them try to read it for you. :cool:

Thx for your replies guys, will give it a try tonight, right no @work :slight_smile:

Ppl keep saying dvd shrink’s crc error is due to data corruption ‘scratched, dirty’ discs. the thing is my dvd movie is brand new straight out of the box and plays perfectly in the dvd player. there must be another reason??? anyone???

You should try a few other dvd decryption/ripping programs tommyling. DVDShrink is very much outdated for those tasks, though it is still a fine transcoder for reducing the size of the movie. I’ve seen it give that error when trying to decrypt advanced protections that Shrink cannot handle on its own.

Try DVDFab HD Decrypter, which is the free section within DVDFab. It will continue to function as a decrypter/ripping program even after the trial for the main section of DVDFab expires. Found here: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

While the trial lasts, the entire program will function for you. You should explore DVDFab’s capabilities while it lasts. After the trial, just rip the entire movie to the hard drive, then open the files with DVDShrink to reduce the size if necessary.

will check it out. thanks kerry56. i appreciate it!

Does anyone know of a program that does it all going from a dvd to a copy of that dvd???

Now I am using DVDfab -> Dvd Shrink -> Dvd Decrypter. I am trying to simplify this more, three programs to copy a dvd, is this normal? I don’t mind paying.

[QUOTE=tommyling;2451273]Does anyone know of a program that does it all going from a dvd to a copy of that dvd???

Now I am using DVDfab -> Dvd Shrink -> Dvd Decrypter. I am trying to simplify this more, three programs to copy a dvd, is this normal? I don’t mind paying.[/QUOTE]

Hi tommyling
Welcome to the forum…

Since you already have and know DVDFab just get the paid version :wink: