DVD Shrink playing problems

Hello
I have copied DVD films using DVD shrink software, the problem is that when I play them on any dvd player they keep sticking or the picture brakes up.
When I play them on my pc everything seems fine.
Thanks for any help :confused:

Sounds like your media isn’t up to scratch (i.e. burn is bad). Note that error correction capabilities of the dvd player on your pc will be considerably better than on your stand-alone player.

I’d definitely listen to @philamber on this one!

hello
Do you mean that the blank dvd 's are rubbish or that the dvd writer is no good?
Could you advise good quality blanks or writer, I am using printable blanks and using a Benq dual layer writer,
Thanks

it could be a combination of both, but using higher quality media by itself should do the trick. you can check out the media forum to see what everyone else uses (Taiyo Yuden is the cream of the crop).

It might be helpfull if you posted the media code, your burner model, and your dvd player model…

I have a Benq DW1610 writer and I am using Ritek 4x DVD-R disc’s, also I have just installed the latest firmware, but am not sure if this will make any difference to this problem?

What does DVD Decrypter tell you for the media ID on those Ritek 4x DVD-R, they are usually G04 but not always.

could you explain in a bit more detail what you mean by GO4,
I Have dvd Decrypter but could not find any mention of media id or GO4

G04 is the standard media code for 4x -R Riteks.

media id is important…quality media helps insure quality burns. do a forum or google search on media id and do some reading. As a general rule, if your discs are made in japan they are top notch, tiwaian is average, and hong kong or china are garbage. Top brands are TY (Taiyo Yuden), verbatium, and maxell.

Uh, you need to think about what you are saying there buddy. Verbatim doesn’t make their own discs. Verbatim are: Taiyo Yuden, Singapour Produced MCC, or Taiwanese (CMC Mag produced) MCC. Maxell makes some of their own discs but they still outsource to a bunch of other companies as well. @yachty, go into the mode option in DVD Decrypter and select ISO—>Write. Make sure you have a blank disc in there and then check the box on the right-hand side. Right in the middle of the info there you should see something that says “Manufacturer ID” and that is where it will tell you what it is. Also are these actual Ritek/Ridata 4x discs or some other label (ie Arita, Datawrite, ect.) that claims to be Ritek 4x.

This is the info from DVD Decrypter and as you can see I think they are the genuine discs
BENQ DVD DUAL DW1610 B8M9 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,297,888
Free Space: 4,706,074,624 bytes
Free Time: 510:40:38 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 4x

Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: RITEKG04

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-R

Verbatim is a wholly owned subsidiary of MCC. :wink:

its most likely the quality of your blank dvd. like i burnt a dvd which plays perfectly on my hard disk but on the dvd it sometimes skip. It was a Taiyo Yuden DVD-R as well, but maybe not the proper Japanese TY’s.

I found Verbatim DVD+R’s to be really good, very few errors all correctable. Generally some dvd burners are really good with DVD+R media and crap with DVD-R media like LiteOn. IF you check the DVD Media testing forum section u can see how they test their burns using KProbe and all the good DVD media brands.

my bad… rather embaressed as i know better. :o

was rather tired when i wrote post. will be more carefull in the future…

how about this as a general guideline…look for made in japan and you should be pretty much assured quality media.

I was having problems with my dvd’s doing the same thing and found it was the dvd burner. I replaced the dvd burner and now the dvd’s are working perfectly.

[QUOTE=Leuanne;2309746]I was having problems with my dvd’s doing the same thing and found it was the dvd burner. I replaced the dvd burner and now the dvd’s are working perfectly.[/QUOTE]

You should look at the posting date, this thread is 4 years old.:flower: