Dvd shrink perfect copy?

vbimport

A question I couldn’t find anywhere. If I choose “no compression”, and just copy the movie using dvd shrink, is this a true perfect copy of the original dvd? Meaning, I know the extras and menus will be left out, but will the picture quality be a perfect copy of the original dvd?

Or does the trascoding, ripping, or reauthoring part decrease the quality in some way even if we choose not to compress?

Originally posted by shayd
[B]A question I couldn’t find anywhere. If I choose “no compression”, and just copy the movie using dvd shrink, is this a true perfect copy of the original dvd? Meaning, I know the extras and menus will be left out, but will the picture quality be a perfect copy of the original dvd?

Or does the trascoding, ripping, or reauthoring part decrease the quality in some way even if we choose not to compress? [/B]

With no compression, you get an exact copy.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
With no compression, you get an exact copy.

So, dvd shrink w/ no compression has the same quality as cce or any other copying software?

no compression means the quality is exactly the same as the source.

i have to agree if you use dvd shrink and just copy your original dvd, as stated you get an exact copy minus the extras and the picture quality is perfect. i do find that dvd shrink can for me be picky sometimes and finds problems with some dvds,so i also use decrypter,instant copy8,or recode.slightly going off the topic.colin