DVD Shrink Not working properly

hello, I’ve been backing up my movies for awhile now and all of the sudden my DVD Shrink wouldn’t do the backups at any faster than 1x, I have an 8x burner with 4x discs. Has this happened to anyone? I tried removing and reinstalling, but that didn’t work, sorry if this is a dumb question. :confused:

If you’re talking about burning speed, then you should be looking at either Nero or DVD Decrypter, as it isn’t Shrink that does the burning - it only integrates with the other two, depending on whether it is burning an ISO or regular DVD files.

If you only have the demo version of Nero then it will only burn at 1x I had the same problem for a while.

No i have not had this poblem, but i find srink 3.2 To be very slow i think you should try an early version like 2.16 or .5
Bruce

DVD Shink will burn your dvd files to dvd. If you are copying a dvd, you are going to need DVD Decrypter 3.2.3.0. This will decrypt dvd files to your computer. Then use DVD Shink to Open Folder. It will anylsis the files. After that is done, click Backup.

It will encode the files and burn the files to dvd disc. So you don’t need Nero to burn the files.

DVD Shrink is integrated with Nero. You MUST have Nero to write the files to a disk unless you are doing an ISO and then it integrates with DVD Decrypter to burn those. You do not have to have DVD Decrypter to decrypt the movie if you are using DVD Shrink as it will decode thim as well. I had the same original problem and as soon as I got my key to make it a full version it solved the problem of writing everything at 1x.

I’ve been using DVD shrink for 2 years never had a problem now all of a sudden it is just confusing it will record the thrillers and only the last part of a film can anyone help me.

[QUOTE=ShadowMaster;687266][B]DVD Shink will burn your dvd files to dvd. [/B]If you are copying a dvd, you are going to need DVD Decrypter 3.2.3.0. This will decrypt dvd files to your computer. Then use DVD Shink to Open Folder. It will anylsis the files. After that is done, click Backup.

It will encode the files and burn the files to dvd disc. So you don’t need Nero to burn the files.[/QUOTE]
DVDShrink will [B]not [/B]burn anything, it has [B]no[/B] burning capabilities what so ever… end of story.

Mystic Eyes - quite correct. I have used it for years and I recall one version that automatically opened a burn program (NERO I seem to recall) after ripping and it asked for a blank dvd. Maybe that’s mILLICENT’s and ShadowMaster’s situation (thinking its burning as well).

Currently I rip with Shrink 3.2 and burn with Record Now - never a problem with burning but the odd problem with ripping (get’s to 9% and freezes). Its done that a couple of times lately and I have not bothered going further. Two titles come to mind (The Dark Knight and Gone Baby Gone).

Any thoughts?

mILLICENT - apologies as it wasn’t your problem.

Do you mean it only rips TRAILERS and the last part of the movie to your h/drive?

What version are you using?
Have you uninstalled the program and re-installed?
Have you run Registry Mechanic (seems to work for me when a program has errors)?

Just a couple of ideas (don’t forget to reboot after the above)…

This is certainly an old thread that has been dug up.

@mILLICENT and pubscrubber
DVDShrink has not been updated in years. It is no longer an effective decryption/ripping program for many newer movies, though it is still a good program for compression.

Download DVDFab HD Decrypter and use it to rip the movie to the hard drive. This is the free section of DVDFab and it will continue to function even after the trial for the main part of DVDFab expires. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Once you have the files on the hard drive, you can compress with Shrink if you need to.

For the actual burning to the disk, I recommend ImgBurn. It is a free burning program, found here: www.imgburn.com
Read the guides for its use in burning dvd video: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4