DVD Shrink Memory Error?

While in the Backup process in DVD Shrink and with AnyDVD running, DVD Shrink halted and gave an error message about not enough memory. I don’t see in either AnyDVD or DVD Shrink where I set the amount of memory available, and I have about 1.4 GB of virtual memory. Anyone have any ideas ??

Thanks

RS

How much total memory do you have and how much left, you need at lest 5 GB of free space to copy a dvd movie.

I had 16+ GB free on the HD.

RS

Try looking here and see if you can find answer to your question.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=48762

:cool: :cool:

The problem isn’t with memory. It’s that DVD Shrink hasn’t been updated in forever, and some Arccos and Ripguard titles flip it out when used with AnyDVD.

RIP THE DISC FIRST.

Go to “my computer”, then go to the DVD drive, then drag the VIDEO_TS folder to your desktop.

Then open it with Shrink from there, and YAY! It works!

that is your hard drive capacity. the error refers to MEMORY (as in RAM)

but as Gurm has already stated, you likely do NOT have a memory issue, and it’s just DVD Shrink showing its age.

Give Gurm’s suggestion a try, and if you’re still having difficulty either run the files you’ve copied to your hard drive through VobBlanker before loading into Shrink or just use Anydvd and CloneDVD for an easy solution.

Will AnyDVD and/or CloneDVD compress the files to fit on a single 4.7 GB DVD ?

RS

AnyDVD to compress a DVD???

No, CloneDVD would do that.

[quote=Gurm;1260935]The problem isn’t with memory. It’s that DVD Shrink hasn’t been updated in forever, and some Arccos and Ripguard titles flip it out when used with AnyDVD.

RIP THE DISC FIRST.

Go to “my computer”, then go to the DVD drive, then drag the VIDEO_TS folder to your desktop.

Then open it with Shrink from there, and YAY! It works![/quote]

Thanks, But how do I open it in Shrink from my desktop?

Pirates of the Carriibean 2 is the movie I’m having this problem with the movie is 7.6gigs…Wow, so I don’t worry about dragging the audio folder right?

[quote=Gurm;1260935]The problem isn’t with memory. It’s that DVD Shrink hasn’t been updated in forever, and some Arccos and Ripguard titles flip it out when used with AnyDVD.

RIP THE DISC FIRST.

Then open it with Shrink from there, and YAY! It works![/quote]

This did not work, Shrink says it cannot open the file

@ Stewart
You’re responding to a thread that is almost 2 years old. The initial issues have been resolved. Use the “Search” function.

Use the search funtion where?

sc1stewart
If you are using the latest version of AnyDVD, rip with the built-in ripper that comes with AnyDVD. You access it by right clicking the fox icon at the bottom right of your screen. You will get a pop up window that has several options, including “Rip Video DVD to Harddisk”.

Once it has completed, you should be able to open the files with DVDShrink using the Open Files icon.

Actually I use DVDFab Decrypter, not ANYDvd, because it was free, is Anydvd a free software?

No, AnyDVD is not free software. There is a 21 day trial available if you want to try it.

DVDFab HD Decrypter should be able to handle Pirates of the Caribbean 2 with no problems though.