DVD Shrink Files Slightly Too Big

I’ve used DVD Shrink for several years and know how to compress files with it, but recently with the bar green and 4464 meg predicted, the compressed files come out just 20 meg or so larger and just over the DVD capacity. Dropping surplus sound and subtitles doesn’t seem to help. It happens about once in three times now. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

No, I haven’t but I rarely use Shrink. You can remedy this by going to Edit–>Preferences–>Target DVD Size. Instead of DVD-5, choose Custom and change the mb setting down to 4440 or so.

You might also try uninstalling & reinstalling DVDShrink.Just incase it has became corrupted .

If you don’t run the deep analysis, the estimated size will not be entirely accurate.

So if you haven’t already enabled the deep analysis, try doing so.

I’ve never had a DVD Shrink result with deep analysis enabled and target size 4480 MB that resulted in an ISO image larger than 4480 MB.

[quote=DrageMester;2208942]If you don’t run the deep analysis, the estimated size will not be entirely accurate.

So if you haven’t already enabled the deep analysis, try doing so.

I’ve never had a DVD Shrink result with deep analysis enabled and target size 4480 MB that resulted in an ISO image larger than 4480 MB.[/quote]
Have to agree with DrageMester course my target size is set to 4472 MB and also don’t have an issue with compression for DVD-5.

Oh, and welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

You could try overburning if your h/w supports it; shouldn’t present a problem for an extra 20Mb or so.

Sláinte

midders

[quote=midders;2208984]You could try overburning if your h/w supports it; shouldn’t present a problem for an extra 20Mb or so.[/quote] Very few DVD burners support overburning DVD media and none that are still in production AFAIK.

Burners known to support overburning DVD+R media:

Plextor PX-760/755/716/712A

BenQ DW1655/1650/1640

Burners known to support overburning DVD-R media:

None that I can think of