DVD Shrink - Error!

vbimport

DVD Shrink keeps coming up with a message “DVD Shrink encountered an error” Disc navigation Failure! I need the program for 2 different reasons!

1. Backing up a PS2 game! (have mod - so don’t ask)
  2. DVD Recorder discs say the exact same!

[quote=D86;2142457]DVD Shrink keeps coming up with a message “DVD Shrink encountered an error” Disc navigation Failure! I need the program for 2 different reasons!

2. DVD Recorder discs say the exact same![/quote]
    dvdshrink is no longer updated and it does not make copies of games so this could be your problem. Someone else will psot with more info for you

[QUOTE=D86;2142457]DVD Shrink keeps coming up with a message “DVD Shrink encountered an error” Disc navigation Failure! I need the program for 2 different reasons!

2. DVD Recorder discs say the exact same![/QUOTE]

:bigsmile:
DVDShrink for games…how should that work???

Instead of using Alcohol or any other fancy application that is designed for PS2 games! I use DVD Shrink to compress the game from DVD9 to DVD5. And i have done this a couple of times. I also realize when i looked into the files on my DVD recorder disc that it has a RM folder much like one of the PS2 games i have not sure which one though! It’s not on the game i currently have in my drive. Whilst waiting for a reply i will try to use another app! Also whats the best program to decrypt DVD roms? assuming that my DVD recorder disc can only be read as one.

Well I don’t do games, but if I encountered that error with Dvd Shrink, I would use FixVts. Just drag a VOB file into the FixVts window, make sure the top 2 boxes are checked & then click full Dvd.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I’ve solved the problem by re - configuring DVD Decrypter ISO read / write mode. But i still have the same problem with my DVD recorded discs. Does the RM folder mean “DVD ROM” which suggest the discs are different then a DVD disc. The recorded DVD has 2 folders RM and Video_TS with no Audio folder, is this the reason why DVD shrink is not reading my DVD correctly? “FixVts” I’ll have to check it out although i have no idea on how to use it! I’ll try searching for the guides and see how i go.

Posts #67 to #74, but please read Post #78 & ask any questions you have here. How to use FixVts is somewhere in these posts. The only thing I would do different, if you have the space is uncheck, (in place (no backup)).

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html