Dvd shrink & dvd decrypter

I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I HAVE BURNED 3 MOVIES SUCESSFULLY WITH DVD SHRINK AND DECRYPTER, BUT NOW WHEN DVD SHRINK IS FINSHED AND DECRYPTER COMES UP IT WONT DO ANYTHING IT JUST FREEZES UP, CAN ANYONE HELP ME? :a

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Check caps lock button in your keyboard :wink:

My suggestion is to save dvd shrink output as ISO file on your HDD and then use imgburn to burn the ISO on a disc.

It better to always save your output as an iso. You will have more choices to use it with various types of software.

:cool: :cool:

Why better, there many programs which handles dvd video files very well.

That’s true.

However, if you create an ISO you can then burn it with a free app like ImgBurn rather than buying one. Of course there must be free ones that will burn from vobs etc but I’m sure they’re not too common.

Ok Thanks, One More Issue When I Watch The Movies That I Have Burned I Have A Problem With Them Freezing Up For A Couple Of Seconds. I Have Tried To Use Different Media Such As Maxwell, Memorex, And Sony And I Have Updated My Firmware, Does Anyone Know What Else To Try??

Usually playback problems are due to a bad burn.

What mediacode have these media exactly? You can retrieve mediacode with cd-dvd speed. What burner do you have? What speed did you burn these media exactly? If you burned a 16x media @4x, is higly probable (not absolutely sure, but higly probable) that you obtained a bad burn.

Moreover, some standalones are really picky with media. To improve compatibility is a good idea to burn +R media setting booktype as ROM.

As geno says. The disc info tab in CD-DVD Speed is what we want to see. Save the image as a png file by taking the Floppy icon at top right.
Then upload that image here using Go Advanced on the posting screen & Manage Attachements,

Just more compatiable.

Only one file instead of a dir with a bunch of vobs and ifos.
ISO is a standard file format which can be read under almost any OS.
ISO’s can be burned with a variety of burn progs.

:cool: :cool:

Ok I Don’t Understand Alot About This I Have Only Had My Computer For About Two Months. All I No Is I Have A Dell Deminsion 31,000 And I Think I Am Burning With 16x At 4x Speed With Decrypter. I Use To Use One Click Dvd And Any Dvd But Alot Of My Movies Would Freeze Up, So I Changed To Dvd Shrink And Decrypter I Still Have Any Dvd. I Am Using Sony Dvd-r Media. I Have Updated Firewar " I Think" And I Use To Use Memorex But Read That They Were Not Good. If I Bought An External Burner Would That Make A Difference? I Dont Know How To Post And I Don’t Have Nero>>>i Really Hate To Sound Dumb But I Just Don’t No That Much About Computers But The Basic>>…

Try burning at 12x instead of 4x. Slow speeds on 16x media is not such a good idea.

See if that makes a difference.

Personally i say again you wouldn’t get a better output if you burn them as an iso, at least it doesn’t matter how you burn them. The main point is here that the backup works well. Also it’s a personal taste. :wink:

None of which is particularly helpful to the OP.

Is this posted twice in different areas because I replied to this subject somewhere else?

Not that I can see.

Okay Thank You I Will Try Your Suggestions!!!

oKAY, I FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE A HL-DT-STDVD±RWGWA4164B BURNER WHATERVER THAT MEANS. I CONTACTED DELL ABOUT FIRMWARE AND THEY SAID THERE IS NO FIRMWARE AVAILABLE FOR MY DRIVE. MY QUESTION IS DOES HAVING DIAL UP CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TO BURNING MOVIES AND IF I PURCHASED AN EXTERNAL BURNER COULD THAT POSSIBLE HELP? I AM BURNING WITH DVD SHRINK & DECRYPTER AT 4X SPEED BUT I DON’T NO HOW TO FIND OUT THE OTHER SPEED I GUESS ITS CALLED THE MEDIA SPEED. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME MY MOVIES ARE BETTER THAN BEFORE BUT THEY STILL FREEZE 2 OR 3 TIMES AND WORSE IN THER PEOPLES DVD PLAYER. I HAVE TRIED MEMOREX MAXWELL AND SONY I ORDERED VERTIBURM.

Most of times the playback problem is due to a bad burn.

My suggestion is again to buy better media. If you use a 16x certified media, don’t burn it @4x: try first to burn @12x. If it still give problems, try @8x.

Sorry, but I didn’t find any reference for a firmware: are you sure that your drive is a LG 4164? Check again.

What do you do if you burn a movie and it will only play in certain dvd players? I want it to play in my xbox and it won’t but it will play other burnt movies what do you suggest???

My first suggestion is to read the thread you posted. Post the same question in other threads too is not a good way to obtain answers here :wink: