DVD Shrink "Deep Analysis" with AnyDVD

Is there really much of a difference to the naked eye in terms of picture quality when using DVD Shrink with deep analysis vs. not using deep analysis when backing up/burning? Obviously with it enabled, encoding takes almost twice as long…so I’m wondering if it’s worth that wait. I always have it checked to run the deep analysis.

Nope I would skip this process! Just play the disk and see if it works or not. :bigsmile:

Really? There’s literally no difference in picture quality between deep analysis and no deep at all?

I doubt it, at least to the naked eye.

There can if you are on a big screen and there is allot of fast action going on. 32" tube tele and deep no you won’t see the difference.

Thanks for your help and quick responses guys!

One other question…do you know if my current dvd burner will burn +R or -R Verbatim 16x discs better?

I used to always use -R since it’s supported by a few more dvd players overall than +R (booktype dvd-rom). But I’ve heard +R for Verb 16x’s burn better by my burner possibly?

Thanks again

[QUOTE=arif1979;1969136]Thanks for your help and quick responses guys!

One other question…do you know if my current dvd burner will burn +R or -R Verbatim 16x discs better?

I used to always use -R since it’s supported by a few more dvd players overall than +R (booktype dvd-rom). But I’ve heard +R for Verb 16x’s burn better by my burner possibly?

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

I use several different programs to copy my DVD’s mainly DVD neXt COPY Pro, but when I burn I use either Nero or Imgburn, Nero isn’t the greatest but it can get the job done and it’s not free. Imgburn is. What you want to do is use either and before you burn ensure you can booktype to DVD-ROM this is like the original disc if you do it this way.

@arif1979

To the naked eye, well, each is his or her own judge. No-one can definitively give you a response. You be your own judge - do a movie with and without and see the difference.

However, of course there’s a difference in quality using deep analysis. The DA phase determines what stuff to take out where. Low action scenes get more shrunk than high action ones. Scenes of high quantisation are touched less than low Q scenes. This makes for a better, more even distrubution of bits across the movie.

Regards

As a rule of thumb, I do DA for anything that is 90% or less compression.
A really good example of a DVD that should definately be DA’d is one of the Trilogy of the Ring Dvds, which were at something like 50% compression.
Either that or do DL.

It also depends on the size of the screen you are watching it on. Many variables.

To me there is no sense to have a function that is there for a reason and not use it. I use it always (when compression is needed). With my system (which is quite fast) it adds very little to the overall process, 2 or 3 minutes usually (this is from the hard drive, not on the fly).