Dvd shrink: deep analysis on same dvd twice

vbimport

Can a deep analysis be done on the same dvd twice with DVD Shrink (3.2.0.15)? It says on their help page “This option will be disabled if you already performed a deep analysis of the same DVD. DVD Shrink will remember the results of previous analysis, so there is no need to do it again.” Can you erase DVD Shrink’s memory so that you can do another deep analysis of the same DVD? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Shrink to no avail.

Thanks.

it more than likely keeps that info in the registry.You would have to go into it and delete that previous info.

To “forget” analysis, delete files in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink

can i ask why you want to sit through the x number of hours a deep analysis takes?? :slight_smile:

To “forget” analysis, delete files in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink

I don’t have that path. I searched for DVD Shrink in the “Documents and Settings” folder and the results didn’t have any DVD Shrink files files to delete. Just the Shrink entries in the start menu are there like the program executable, uninstall, and help file.

can i ask why you want to sit through the x number of hours a deep analysis takes??

Because of the good things I hear about it on this forum and others. I do full movie backups onto single layer media and like to keep the menus/extras and stuff so I use alot of compression in Shrink. I use automatic compression settings and usually only exclude foreign language audio tracks. When I play the movie back on a 27" tv with a standalone player its identical to the original as far as myself and others can tell (good enough for me anyway). So I’m guessing without the deep analysis option there’d be a noticable quality loss. I’d love to use the anydvd/clone dvd combo for its speed but I hear there’s audio issues with clone dvd and can’t preserve quality with compression as well as Shrink can.

but if you have done it once for a title, why would you need to do it again for the same title? Just make a copy of the first one using NERO or something, will take you like 7 to 15 minutes.

Yeah if you’ve done deep analysis once then DVD Shrink will remember the results regardless of wether or not you compressed or burned the DVD. It’s not letting you repeat the process because it’s unneccesary.

One component on the path might be Hidden or System. You need to “see” all files.

The reason why is because I tried backing up Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind (Region 1) using DVD Decrypter (file mode) first then shrink it with Shrink. I am guessing this is Arccos protection. Shrink got past the analysis phase and failed at 1% of the encoding phase with some “programming error - exception occured, the parameter is incorrect.” I then tried the AnyDVD/Shrink approach which worked for “Little Black Book” but when I try to backup the movie from the disc in Shrink the “deep analysis” option is greyed out and it goes right to the encoding phase and then fails at 1% again. I am thinking this will work with AnyDVD/Shrink if I can start from scratch and have AnyDVD running while I go through the analysis phase in Shrink.

Ok that worked. I found them.

Thanks.

You’re not going to see any difference between regular and deep analysis. Just do an A/B comparison. Let someone else do the switching so you’re not biased toward the deep analysis DVD.

i apologise i worded that question wrongly, what i meant was why do you want to sit through a deep analysis ‘again’

and you’ve already told us so it doesnt matter now eh :slight_smile: