DVD Shrink deep analysis and AEC

vbimport

Can anyone tell me why DVD Shrink installed on Windows XP allows deep analysis and AEC while the software running on Vista does not allow me to access those options? All other settings between the machines appear to be identical.

Thanks!

[quote=botadevela;2137567]Can anyone tell me why DVD Shrink installed on Windows XP allows deep analysis and AEC while the software running on Vista does not allow me to access those options? All other settings between the machines appear to be identical.

Thanks![/quote]
Are you by chance running the home version of vista, if so then that may be the reason…your account is limit even as administrator.
I run the Ultimate version and don’t have this issue.

Check the size of the DVD

If the DVD is already below 4.3GB then AEC and Deep Analysis is not needed and will be grey.

[quote=botadevela;2137567]Can anyone tell me why DVD Shrink installed on Windows XP allows deep analysis and AEC while the software running on Vista does not allow me to access those options? All other settings between the machines appear to be identical.

Thanks![/quote]

Silly question…are you running Internet Explorer 8?

I am running IE 7

I am running Vista Home Premium. But, I cant imagine why that would impact the option within DVD Shrink. Why would it?

[QUOTE=qwakrz;2137768]Check the size of the DVD

If the DVD is already below 4.3GB then AEC and Deep Analysis is not needed and will be grey.[/QUOTE]

This makes good sense and I did not check that. I also manually selected to run the deep analysis using the icon at the top and then the AEC option was available. Stange! Thanks to all replies…